Chapter 10

So I'm dumb, I can't even apologize for this. I should have done a plan for this story to start, and I should just put more effort in general. Tsk Tsk, gotta work harder. I have homework as an excuse (a bad one) I shouldn't even be using that as an excuse. So, I'll work on getting out some more chapters, and planning out the actual games. I'm sorry If you hate me, I'll try to make it up to you all (if there's anyone left). And if anyone has any ideas, I'd be so happy to hear them! Alright that's enough of my stupidity and on with the story!

Disclaimer: oh Collins, I am not worthy! I definitely do not own the hunger games

 -------------------------------------

I stand up, eager to leave the tension filled space. I take light, hesitant steps, heading out of the dining cart. As I near my room, I'm stopped, Peeta's strong hand clutches my wrist. I turn back, losing myself in his eyes.

"Do you want to come see the roof?" he asks softly. "Cinna showed me earlier, but it's kind of windy, so it's hard to hear"

I like that idea, somewhere private, and outside. Peeta leads me up a metal staircase, and out into to the roof. I take a deep breath, grateful to be outside, although this hardly counts.

"I thought you'd like it better than inside" Peeta whispers. I nod, trying not to face reality. I walk out to the edge of the rooftop, toes dangling off the edge. I wish more than anything not to be in this situation, here with Peeta, knowing at least one of us must die within a few days. I look down, spotting an array of lights, a sea of colour. It's I suppose what you'd call pretty, although I find it superficial. I sway slightly, letting the breeze push me. Suddenly, Peeta grabs my shoulders frantically. His hands are cold, and send goosebumps up my arms.

"You weren't gonna jump?" he asks, panic resonating through his words. I step back, coming out of my trance.

"Of course not" I answer warily, not sure if that was a lie or not.

"Good" he answers firmly, pulling me into his arms. I rest my head on his shoulder, glad for comfort.

"He needs to pay for this" I whisper, venom flowing through my veins. "He shouldn't be allowed to do this"

"Who?" asks Peeta softly.

"Snow" I reply, the name leaving a sour taste on my tongue. "I will make him pay"

"And how are you planning on doing that?" Peeta asks, pleading with his eyes that it's not what he thinks it is.

"You know" I reply coldly.

His eyes immediately harden. "No, Katniss, it's too dangerous. You'll get yourself killed. I know your father wanted to rebel, but you don't need to take his place now that he's sick"

"I think it's better than the options we have now. One of us coming home alone, or both of us dying in that arena. If I start a rebellion, at least I'll die for a good cause"

"No" says Peeta. "I won't let you risk yourself like that"

"Then don't" I whisper, placing my hands on his chest. "Help me"

Peeta's jaw clenches, and he refuses to look at me.

"What'll happen of we don't Peeta?" I prompt him. "You know it won't be good"

"They'll take us, and twist our personalities, we'll morf into beasts. Lethal weapons, tortured souls" I can see fire growing in his eyes.

"So you'll help me?" I ask.

"Yes" he says hesitantly. He knows as well as I that being in the arena changes you, and I cant imagine Peeta as someone other than the sweet caring boy with the bread.

My heart starts to race at the mere thought of rebellion, a chance to give the districts justice.

"But believe me when I say this Katniss" Peeta whispers. "I'm not planning on letting you die on me"

I lay my head on his shoulder, letting him believe what he wants. I will do what I have to do, to destroy the Capitol.

I will do as my father would.

"Power consumes people, they inhale it like air, drink it like water, feast upon it. They become absorbed, drunk off the forbidden wine. Its a darkness that takes over, sanity slipping from fingers. It controls every movement, every breath, action, thought. They take lives, and gain control over something they don't understand. But nobody, should have that much power, that much wealth, if even one has to die"

 -------------------------------

Ok it's short, I know. But I felt like it needed to finish there. So, I've decided to take this a bit off course from my original idea, which was going to be too much like the books. I'm going with a darker, more sinister approach to this. But I'm not sure if I should do all three books, or just this one. We'll see...