Chapter Seven

I was rudely awoken the next morning by loud knocking on my bedroom door, before a stream of light as the door was opened. The succubus, Heather, shifted under me, her eyes blinking open as Violet cleared her throat, smiling at the both of us.

“Adiel’s been up for three and a half hours complaining about how you’re not awake yet,” she said.

Groaning, I rolled off Heather and stood up, dressing myself in black jeans and a black and red striped shirt, as well as my chunky lace-up boots. I turned to look at Heather, still half asleep, and smiled.

“You can sleep for a few more hours,” I told her, turning my attention to Violet. “If you want, you can join her.”

Violet looked tempted, but she shook her head. “I have some work I need to do, and you have an angry angel to attend to.”

I shrugged, heaving a sigh. “Alright then, where is he?”

“At the front entrance, waiting for you and glaring at everyone who walks by,” she giggled, walking with me down the stairs.

“Yeah,” I smirked, catching sight of the beautiful angel, whose forehead had creased into an irate frown and a scowl tugged at his lips. “He does that.”

Adiel looked up, his icy glower making Violet cringe slightly, and stormed towards us. “There you are,” he huffed. “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting here for?”

A dry smile made its way onto my face. “From what the staff tell me, three and a half hours.”

He stared at me for a moment, before folding his arms crossly over his chest. “Can we go now?” he asked after a short moment of silence.

“Sure,” I said, faking an innocent smile. “But there’s a small problem...”

Adiel’s expression fell, becoming blank and uneasy. He took an anxious step back, watching my movements.

“The thing is,” I continued. “I’m sure you know where I get my powers from by now. To teleport the both of us to Limbo, I need you to kiss me.” My lips pursed together to hide the smile that threatened to show form the giddiness of my lie. I figured I was allowed to mess with him a little more after what had happened the night before.

“Since when?” he asked, doubting the new information, but my look of sincerity seemed to ease his uncertainty. Adiel gently cupped my face, tilting it up and placing his lips against mine. I grinned against his mouth and hooked my fingers through the belt loops in his loose blue jeans, teleporting the two of us to Damien’s oversized mansion before slowly pulling away.

I felt myself smile softly at the angel’s dazed expression and stole another quick kiss before knocking on the door.

After a few moments, the large doors opened, and Benji’s big brown eyes peeped up at us, recognising who we were before opening the door wider.

“Asmara?” he asked, confused by the visit, then saw his brother standing behind me. “Adiel!” A huge grin spread onto his face as he moved away to let us in.