Part 2

When I got back to my room I stuck the stupid piece of paper with William's face on it onto the cork board in my room. Hopefully that would help dry his picture and it won't rip any further.

Then I wandered into my walk in closet, pulling off my soaked day dress and grabbing a clean one. It was checkered red and blue, with a neat white collar and white accents on the hems.

I pulled my hair up, wandering through my room till I came to my box of hair elastics. After securing my hair in a high ponytail I add a cute blue bow to match my dress.

I took time to check I looked perfect in the mirror, fixing my bow and admiring my dress.

Looking back at Will's loan photo on the board on my wall, I think of my idea. One by one I grab the selection pictures and pin them up on the board. All their smiling faces look back at me as I line them up, all the names doing my head in.

Satisfied once all the pictures are stuck up, I leave my room in search for breakfast. It's quiet, as usual, but it's become more so since Isabelle married Thomas. Not that I don't like her, she's the best, but they always want to do everything together now.

That's why I put up with Thomas's selection, it gave me more girls to talk to. And that gives me hope for mine, that I can meet people and maybe find someone who makes me happy.

I continue down the last few steps to the dining hall and I find my parents already seated.

"Morning sweetheart." My father says, giving me a nod as he doesn't take his eyes off his newspaper. My mother gives me a smile, sitting down her cup of tea.

"Good morning Charlotte. How are you feeling today?" My mother asks me as I pull out a seat and sit opposite my parents. There's a display of breakfast foods before me, pancakes, waffles and cereal on the menu today.

I nod as I put two waffles onto my plate to start, "Good, I slept well last night."

"Then why do I hear from Thomas you fell into the fountain?" Dad says, concern in his tone, while I cover my waffles in syrup and strawberries.

"I..I didn't mean to fall in, I just tripped." I say in between spoonfuls of food. The waffles were to die for, and they get better every time.

"As long as you're ok." My mum adds in, giving me her soft eye look.

I cover my mouth with my hand while I talk, "I am. I think I've just got a lot on my mind." I admit with a shrug.

"Of course. What do you think of the selected boys? Have you had a chance to have a look?"

"Briefly." I say, continuing to eat my food.

"You chose a right handful. I'm pretty sure Mason Halter was in the lot, that famous model. And Axel McCarthy, he's going to cause trouble I just know it." My dad says as he looks to the next page of his paper casually.

"I hope not." I say as I continue eating my food.

I feel my fathers glance upon me as he speaks again, "You have to be careful sweetheart, we want you to make the right decision."

"I know." I say, but don't meet his eye.

My mother sighs, and I can hear the smile in her voice as she talks, "Thomas was so lucky to find someone as nice and polite as Isabelle." She says.

"He was. And we want that for you too Charlotte." My father adds in.

"And don't forget William Martina, the son of your close advisor. He was picked too" My mother says, directing her voice to my father to which he nods.