Part 28

I sit and look outside, the rain pelting down against the window. It was now the afternoon and Izzy and I were back at the palace, but the weather had turned bad again.

I was in the day room, by myself, just sitting and thinking about things.
I had seen the photo of Serena, Isabelle and I had been posted and had gone viral. Along with the reporter's interviews of us being outside the palace.

I even liked Serena's picture and followed her Instagram, because I like to keep in touch with nice people that I meet. I left a nice comment on her photo, reminding her how beautiful she looked, and knew that would put a smile on her face.

The door to the day room opens, and I'm a little sad my quiet time is interrupted.

It's William who comes in the door, "Lottie!"

"Liam? Woah, what's up?" I ask, wondering why he's rushing around as if in search for something.

He hurries over with a smile on his face, taking my hand and pulling me up out of my seat, "I've been looking for you. C'mon."

"Where are we going?" I ask as I let him pull me up and walk with him out of the day room.

He grins at me, "Outside."

"Into the rain?" I question and he nods.

"Yep. You up for a little dance in the rain?"

"Sure." I'm surprised by his offer. Yet I'm intrigued.

He quickly gives me the option to back out, "We don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, it sounds like fun, lead the way." I say to him and Liam squeezes my hand happily as we walk along to find the exit.

"I knew you'd love the idea."

I laugh, surprised but also happy and we rush down the corridor to the door that Liam pushes open. He holds my hand tightly and pulls me out into the pouring rain with him.

Within seconds my clothes are drenched and Liam just laughs and swings me round with him on the paved path through the garden.

I laugh for some reason, twirling in the rain as I hear Liam laugh too. He watches me with a smile as I close my eyes and feel the rain on my skin.

"Lottie?"

I look over to him, "Yes?"

"Have you ever danced in the rain with anyone?" He asks as I twirl around, letting the water fall over my face helplessly before turning to him again.

"No. Have you?" I ask, and Will seems happy with my response, smiling as he offers a hand out to me.

"No. But I want to with you." He calls back, loudly to be heard over the sound of the pelting rain.

I'm glad he hasn't so I say, "Good. Let's dance."

I notice the smile that breaks out on across his face and I take his hand, letting him twirl me around. The rain has already soaked us both, Liam swinging me out and then back in so I fall into his arms.

I laugh into his chest, the noise being drowned out as he wraps his arms around me. We sway as we dance slowly together in the rain, stepping in slow circles on the paved path.

I rest my head in the crook of Will's neck, my arms clung tightly onto him. I hear Liam laugh softly, happily, as he brushes my wet hair down.

Looking up into bright green his eyes, his smile makes me grin. Over the loud pelting of the rain, Liam reaches a hand up and strokes his thumb slowly over my cheek, tracing down my jawline to my chin. His touch makes my chest flutter with warmth, despite the cold of the rain.