that malfoy boy

"I heard about you and that Malfoy boy," Ginny's piercing voice cut through the silence at the Gryffindor table. Owls were swooping through from everywhere, dropping parcels to the tables. Harry looked up inquisitively.

"I just wish that I got some mail. It's hard you know, without any family," he breathed.

"You're changing the subject. You two better not be dating." Ginny's expression was solemn and cold. Harry could sense the jealousy in her voice.

"We're not. I don't even like him!" Harry waved bye as he left the table to get ready for class. Everyone seemed to know of the drama between him and Malfoy. Even Ginny did. Come to think of it, she seemed very annoyed at the fact that Malfoy could like him.  Harry walked through the seemingly empty, silent corridor. In the back of his mind, he could sense that someone was staring at him.

Harry entered the cold, dimly lit classroom just on time. He was so close to being late, which would surely end in detention.

"Mister Potter, you're late," Snape had emphasized the t at the end to a sharp point.

"Sir, I'm here before the bell,"

"You do not talk back," Snape paused. "Ten points from Gryffindor." Sighs ensued from the left side of the crowd. Harry didn't care. All he could think of was Malfoy's sleek hair and pointed nose. Thoughts of him had been seeping into his head lately. I am not falling for him. I am not— maybe the thought of Malfoy liking him made him see the things he liked in him?

"Mister Potter. Please explain the incantation for the Stunning spell." Oh crap, why me? he thought as he stood to answer. But am I really gay? Or bisexual at least? Harry had never thought that he would be questioning his sexuality like this, let alone the fact that he thought that Draco was cute. It didn't matter, though. The damage was already done. He liked him. At dinner, he was going to tell Ron and Hermione.

"Mate, I'm super happy that my ship has sailed, but Ginny's going to be crushed—which is okay, since she's a lying rat." Ron scratched his head. Hermione nodded in agreement.

"You've got to be nice at least," Harry couldn't risk being nice to Draco, not yet. Everyone would know about them, which could possibly ruin his entire reputation.