Favors

Your Pov:

I entered Iris's room. She sat on the bed, looking at her phone. I cleared my throat, "Iris, how are you feeling?" She looked at me, "Besides a slight headache, I'm fine." I nodded, "Do you mind if I ask you some stuff?" She sighed, "I don't mind." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What happened last night? I barely heard about it from Sister Bikini."

She bit her lip, "When I returned to the inner temple, Dahlia was ready for training. I unlocked the door to the sacred cavern, when I heard the temple door open behind me. Then, something hit me in the back of the head. And it all goes black after that."

I nodded along, "Was it you who screamed? Sister Bikini told me she heard a scream." She shook her head, "It wasn't me, but I did hear a scream just before I passed out." I smiled, "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I know some good lawyers. Dahlia is innocent. I know it." She smiled back, "Thank you for your help."

I left the room and pulled up Apollo's contact. It rang for a bit before he picked up, "Hello?" I spoke, "Apollo? Have you watched the news?" He paused, "No. I've been busy." I sighed, "Dahlia's been arrested for murder. I need you to take her case." His voice rose, "What?! Meet me at the detention center in an hour." Then, he hung up the phone.

I got dressed in proper clothes and drove back down the mountain. After an hour, I arrived at the detention center. Apollo was waiting out front. I greeted him, "Apollo! Are you ready?" He nodded, "I'm ready if you are. Let's go." We headed inside and requested a visit with Dahlia. The guard led us to a visitation room and left us alone.

After a few minutes, Dahlia came in. She looked sleep deprived and her clothes were wrinkled. She spoke, "You actually came." I nodded, "We know you didn't do it." She paused, "... You're wasting your time." Apollo sighed, "You're innocent. Now, what happened?" Dahlia smiled slightly.

"You really aren't giving up. Well, anyways..."

She continued, "I was training with my sister, Iris, when someone came into the inner temple. They were wearing all black and their face was covered. They knocked out Iris and came after me. I headed into the sacred cavern to trap them instead, but I was also knocked out. Stupid, novice trick! Anyways, I woke up with blood on my hands and face. After that, the police arrested me and took me to this stupid place."

Apollo nodded, "Was this person a man or a woman?" Dahlia hmm'd, "The body shape looked feminine." Apollo looked at her, "Thank you for telling us the truth. When's the trial?" She sighed, "The day after tomorrow." Apollo stood, "Well, you can count on us. We're going to investigate and prepare. So don't worry."

After that, we left the detention center and headed up to the temple together to start our investigation.