22- Rhys

Since I had woken to the dream of Risabelle and the resolution on the tips of my fingers, I'd worked nonstop.  The sun was just beginning to peek over the Velaris mountains then, and is long gone now, as I finally return home to compare notes with the others. 
Cass and I had shot into the sky and rocketed all over Prythian, searching for any past victims of Yuel.  We had a decent list, those we remembered hearing of combined with names Amren had found in the library.  The list grew as Az found more and more people hidden in courts and manors. 
By noon, we had spoken with a combined twelve past prisoners of Yuel- and been denied a chance to speak by only eight.  Mor joined the search party that afternoon, after she and Amren had devoured the entire library. 
At the end of the day, we had to thirty-two people- all of whom had been in Yuel's grasp and now lived in a glamorous prison due to it.  There were many, so many women who had been married off to High Fae, attempted to run away, and were then discovered by Yuel.  There were also young men who tried to escape a life in an industry they dispised.  A few times we even came face to face with actual criminals.  But, all were unhappy with the outcome of their interaction, sent back to the very fate they risked everything to escape. 
Some begged us to help them escape or pleaded we won't mention their names, that they helped us.  I wouldn't be as cruel as to offer hope for the former.  But, keep their assistance a secret I could do. 
I was the last one to return to the townhouse after our search.  Az was talking to Cass, who was sprawled across the couch, no doubt exhausted from flying and finding all day.  Mor and Amren mulled over notes and books and had a map of Prythian sketched across the carpet. 
I entered the room and sat on the arm of Amren's armchair. 
"Finally," she complained.  "Took you long enough.  I sure hope you got good enough information."
Mor didn't waste time with teasing or harassment, just pointing to the map.  "We think she's in Day Court.  Six of the nine people I spoke with claimed that that's where they were; not too cold, no ocean waves to be heard, but usually very sunny."
"And a decent number of also got very shaky at the mention of sun or Day," Azriel piped in. 
"Is that enough to determine she's in Day, though?  What if he just chose a really sunny spot in Spring or is far enough away from the waves in Summer? And even if she is in Day, it's a large territory; wouldn't be enough."  Leave Amren to pull a shade onto whatever positive information could be found. 
"It's somewhere to start," replied Mor.  She looked to me, "What did you find, Rhys?"
I didn't take long to think.  I didn't need to.  "A lot of the same stuff you did.  Mentions and murmurs of Day.  It seems he has a favorite spot."  Mor's eyes lit up and a slight smile slid across her face.  "We know- thought- that Yuel would switch up his hiding places, to avoid being found.  But, even if he does, he must have a favorite spot, somewhere he is comfortable and confident.  I think it's Day."
Amren nodded slowly, as if analyzing every word I said.  I looked to Azriel who nodded once in agreement. 
"Okay, so what else do we have?"
"Multiple people claimed that they were in small cells," Mor looked to me for confirmation.  I nodded.  "And that the walls burned.  The only light came from slits in the ceiling and apparently everyone agrees it was sunlight that illuminated the cell." 
"So she's not underground.  But burning walls?"  Cass sat up on the couch, irritated by the mystery. 
"Magic," I realized.  I looked to Amren.  "Yuel said that his magic controlled the room.  Would the walls be magic?  Like a shield? Keeping other magic out?" The bond.  Feyre's magic.
"Possibly.  But using that much magic constantly could be easily detected.  Either he isn't worried about being found, or he's very well hidden."
"Day.  Sunlight.  Excessive magic."  Mor scribbled our clues onto a spare piece of paper. "Rhys what else could you tell from when you, uh, saw Feyre?"
"We've already gone over this,"  I could feel dark swells of magic and temperment swelling in my chest at the image of her chained and hurt against that wall.  "He showed me nothing useful.  Just her."  I couldn't help the low snarl that loosed from my lips.  Az put a hand on my shoulder. 
"So we keep looking?" It was hard to avoid the disappointment in Mor's voice.
"We don't have enough, so yes. We-"
Amren continued on but my thoughts trailed off somewhere else.
We're missing something.
We've already talked to everyone, searched all of Prythian and talked to The Bargainer himself.
I know what Feyre would do: she'd run off into the words and catch a Suriel, ask it for answers. I can't catch a Suriel- cauldron knows I've tried and failed numerous times. And we don't have time to waste on waiting in the woods for it, even if I could catch it. There had to be another war.
And as I was about to return my focus and engage in the conversation, a thought slipped into my mind.
We needed answers, but we've already spoken to everyone who's been captured by Yuel. Who else would know something?
"The Bone Carver." All heads snapped to me and for a second I thought Cass's eyes might pop out of his skull.
"I'll go to the Bone Carver. He must know what we're missing."
No rejections, just the air of unsaid thoughts and worries filled the room.
Finally, Mor and Cassian, coincidentally at the same time, said, "I'll go with you." They turned to face each other, surprise, fear, and respect reflecting on their eyes.
Before they could battle over who would go, I said, no room for arguing in my voice, "No. I'll go alone."
And before anyone could argue, I winnowed away.

Hey guys!! I'm back!! Sorry to leave you all on a (kinda) cliffhanger, but I was super busy these past few days and also needed to spend a little time on the story structure since I feel like this is getting a little lengthy and run-onish. But, I'm back!! Thank y'all so much for sticking with me this far, and I hope you like what's coming! Please vote and comment so my story can reach others! All love :)