Chapter 1

I awoke to the sounds of screams, and the smell of smoke. My eyes burning from the smoke surrounding me. I quickly jump out of bed, and make my way out of the burning hut. I step outside and my village was in utter chaos. Almost all the huts in the village were on fire. I see my people burning on crosses and these men in hideous red robes striking others down with swords. I instantly recognize them as the red paladins. I looked around the village trying to locate Mother, Nimue, or Percival. I don't see any of them.

A surge of anger flashes though me as my grey eyes flash purple.

I unsheathed my sword and begin to strike down the red brothers

I unsheathed my sword and begin to strike down the red brothers. A group of four paladins surround me. I smirk, and ready myself for a fight. One lunges at me, and I move to the right. I swing my sword towards the one closest to me. My sword comes in contact with his chest, and he lets out a cry of pain as he falls to the ground grasping his chest. I look at the remaining three, and my smirk grows as I could see the anger building in their eyes as they watch their fellow brother die. They all swing their swords but I move out of their way and their blades collide. I take the opportunity to slice one's leg off, and then stab him through the chest. The remaining two swing at me, but I counter their attack, and kick one in the chest knocking him back a few steps. I swing my sword at the other one and decapitate him. The final one runs at me and I block his attempted attacks and disarm him. I run him through with my sword, and he falls dead. I felt a pair of eyes burning into my back, and I turn around. My violet eyes make contact with the water blue eyes of the Grey Monk.

I feel my heart speed up, but not in fear

I feel my heart speed up, but not in fear. I feel immense attraction to the Monk, but I'm confused as to why. A deep sense of want filled every fiber of my being, a need to be with him. My body, mind, and soul called out to him. I shook my head and brushed away that feeling.

I turned back around and saw Percival, or Squirrel as he liked to be called, and ran towards him. He heard someone approaching, and looked up. My sister, Nimue, got to him at the same time I did. We both grabbed him and ushered him between two huts that weren't completely burnt yet.

I took a good look at him. He seemed to be unharmed other than a cut on his cheek and one above his eyebrow. I let out a sigh of relief, and pulled him into me.

I questioned the boy who was my son in all but blood, "Squirrel, what are you doing here? Are you hurt?"

He replied looking up at me with tears in his eyes, "I can't find papa."

I felt anger building up in my chest once again, at the thought of someone causing my son pain. I looked up at a group of eight paladins who had several fey children and teenagers in their grasp, ready to deliver the fatal blow. I could feel a minor glow in my chest starting to glow brighter and brighter. I can feel my magic at the very tips of my fingers. Squirrel noticed and grabbed my hand. I felt myself calm down some.

I looked back down at him, "Listen to me. Go into the Iron Wood and hide in Old Man Rock. Ok?"

He nodded, "You'll come for me?"

I said, "Of course I will. Why wouldn't I?"

I released him from my grasp and urged him on, "Run like you do in our fox races. No one can ever catch you. Fast as the fox."

He repeated, "Fast as the fox."

Before he could leave, Nimue told me, "Go with him. You could keep him safe."

I protested immediately, "What about you?'

She reassured me, "I'll be fine. I need to find Mother first."

I went to protest again, but she silenced me with a look. I looked back down at Percival, and sighed. He gave me a weak sad smile, and I returned it. I knew right then that I wasn't going to abandon him in the mists of all this chaos.

Squirrel informed her, "I saw your mother near the temple. They were chasing her."

I could feel a sense of dread creeping upon me. I looked towards Nimue and knew she felt the same.

Nimue said, "Go."

I nodded and grabbed Squirrel's hand, and we took off. I could still feel eyes burning into my back, and I turned around once more right before we left the burning village. The Weeping Monk was still staring at me. The urge to be with him came back twice as powerful. My magic pulling me to him. I ignored the feeling and ran with Squirrel.

We ran through the woods avoiding fallen tree branches, roots, and mud. Squirrel was about 5 steps ahead of me. We both finally made it to Old Man Rock and we hide inside a crack in the rocks.

I looked at Percival, "Are you ok?"

He nodded as confirmation.

He asked, "Do you think Nimue will come for us?"

I said, "Of course she will, and if for some reason she doesn't you have me."

He smiled at me, a genuine smile. I smiled one right back. He looked around at the forest surrounding us and sighed sadly, his smile dropping. He crawled over to me and curled into my side. I sighed gently, and ran my fingers through his hair, placing a gentle kiss on his head. He eventually fell asleep. I laid my head against the rock and closed my eyes, feeling my magic start to pull back. My eyes retuning to their grey color.

I could feel a cool breeze blowing, and the woods for the first time today was quite. I knew it wouldn't last though.

A few hours passed by, although it felt like a lifetime, and the sun was setting. A  wanton feeling started creeping upon me again. A feeling I only got around the Weeping Monk. A sense of dread filled me knowing what that could mean. I just hoped I was wrong. I heard footsteps approaching as the blue sky faded into darkness. Squirrel woke up to the sound of the footsteps.

I adjusted my grip on Percival just in case the feeling I had was accurate. I felt my magic creeping to the surface.

A deep husky voice that set my insides on fire. That made me feel things I've never felt before. That sent shivers down my spine. That confirmed my suspicion called out.

"Born in the dawn-"

Author's Note:

I changed the name of my character and the person who plays her. The picture of who plays her will upload around 3:30 because I am at school, and it won't load.