Prologue

It was a cold night in Dewdenn. The moon was shining in the night sky and a cool breeze accompanied the air. Twins, Lorelei and Nimue, laid asleep between their parents. Their parents, Lenore and Jonah, were also fast asleep.

A soft voiced whispered, "Lorelei. Nimue."

The twins awoke with a gasp. The voice sounded like their best friend Pym. They look at their parents, and saw that they were still asleep. The twins crawled out of the bed, careful not to wake their parents. The walked out of their hut and followed the familiar voice. They walked down the path leading away from their village. They kept hearing Pym's voice and continued to walk after the voice. They came to a slope along the path that was made out of a bunch of rocks that were different sizes and shades of brown.

The wind continued to blow as Lorelei asked, "Pym, where are you?"

The voice whispered back almost alluringly, "Down here, silly."

The voice came from the bottom of the slope. The twins exchanged looks of confusion, before Nimue asked, "How did you get down there, Pym?"

"It's easy," whispered the eerie voice.

The twins exchanged another look and shrugged. They started to make the semi-difficult journey down the rocky slope. They were careful not to slip, or lose sight of one another. They made it to the bottom of the slope, and continued on after the mysterious voice. They eventually came to a point where the mountains made a bowl around them. The only exit being behind them.

"Pym," called the twins in unison.

There was no answer. The twins were now on full alert. There was a loud roar that pierced their ears and shook the ground. The air raced past as if terrified for its own life. The twins stumbled back in fear as a giant black bear came from out of nowhere.

The bear was as tall as the mountains and as black as the night. It had razor sharp claws and teeth, perfect for tearing through and chewing meat.

The twins turned to run but didn't make it too far. They tripped over their own quivering legs and fell on their hands and knees. They continued to try and crawl away. Then, the unthinkable happened.

The bear surged forward and an agonizing pain went down their backs as the ferocious beast clawed at them. The twins cried out in a mixture of pain and horror.

Reach out to the Hidden. I won't get to you two in time.

They heard the mother's voice cry out desperately in their heads.

The twins followed the instructions. Green veins  surrounded Nimue's face as silver veins surrounded Lorelei's.

As the bear went for the fatal blow, a rock fell from above and it went through the bear's head.

The bear was dead. The Hidden had came to their aid.

The twins let out a breath of relief. They saw their mother running towards them, as the world was thrown into darkness all around them.

Their last thoughts were.......

We have been marked by the Dark God.