Since Friday, I just decided to watch the three guys and find out what was going on between them. I'm even starting to think they are in some kind of cult or something, and I'm just wondering why Asher always troubles Praise.

This morning, I enter my class and sit on my desk, reading the charts which are all over the walls.

"Hey." I turn back to see Praise coming in with his school bag.

"Hi," I reply. I try my best to take a peek at his left pinky. I need to be sure of this stuff. "I like your ring."

That is the only way for me to look at his pinky again.

He smirks. "Oh, thanks."

"Can I look at it?"

"Yeah, sure."

I expect him to just show it to me that way but he pulls it off and gives it to me. Why does he not want me to admire it while he is putting it on? I'm not the type that pries, but now I'm just trying to overcome this curiousness in me.

This is not the first time I'm seeing his ring so I just pretend to admire it and I return it back to him.

After assembly and Zara making me stand in front of her class so she can tell me all about Dylan being so close to her, I find my way back to class and settle down.

Jamal plops down beside me, and I suddenly become nervous. It's Wednesday already, and I have been thinking this nervousness would stop as from Monday but it hasn't. Is it because we almost kissed?

Ouuuu! When will you have your first kiss, Karen?

"Hi seatmate." He picks up my hand and kisses my finger. While he does so, his curly long hair touches my hand and I can feel it's so sleek. Like, slimy...like, slippery. Just...it's just sleek though. I don't know the correct word to use.

"Hey." I smile and unzip my bag to bring out my note. "Did I give you my Maths note?"

"No, are you looking for-?"

"Here." Asher hands the note to me. "I found it on the stairs."

What the hell would my note be doing at the staircase? I've been looking for it since Monday.

I squint and collect the note from him after murmuring a thank you.

Mrs Tolu comes in and we all greet after Praise has hit the table.

"Okay urm...it's just going to be really brief though, but you guys know that mid-term dinner party is in three weeks..."

"Yes." Oh, you have to see how excited my class girls are.

"So...our school will merge with Cornerstone International School for the party."

I absolutely love the people in that school. The first time we met with CIS students, it was during an excursion. So they came too and we were all shown around the aluminium company together. That's how the friendship started.

Now, boys are even more excited because CIS girls are actually...well, they have pretty girls there though. But that doesn't mean that VHS girls aren't pretty though. I guess the reason why boys in my school are not even bothering to compliment the girls is because they see us almost everyday.

"The venue will be announced at the assembly tomorrow by Mrs Wande, so y'all start preparing."

Everyone's clapping, except some of us who feel indifferent.

Mrs Tolu calls Jamal outside the classroom and the bell rings. Time for sports. I stay extra ten minutes going through my phone because I don't want anyone in the restroom with me. I need to do some thinking alone.