Chapter 12 - Body of Surprises

***** Warning : Mature Contents *****

Strictly PG13

***************************************

Riley's POV

I opened the door when I heard a knock.

Biddy came straight in the room and sat on my bed.

"So spill." She looked at me with her legs crossed and fingers clasped to her knees like as if what happened was in one of the dramatic scenes from Downton Abbey.

"Seriously, it was nothing." I sat down in the chair opposite her. "I'm perfectly fine, honestly."

She raised her eyebrows. "It didn't look like it was nothing to me, Riley Mae."

"I told you, I was caught off guard. I was chatting with Luke when an unexpected wave hit us but it was too late, I lost my balance. When I tried to resurface, my leg started to cramp."

"I wasn't talking about your incident. I was there too."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So what do you wanna know?"

"I'm talking about Tom Wiltshire." She looked at me suspiciously.

I could feel the heat started creeping up my neck towards my ears and cheeks.

I looked away.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Honestly, I was just lucky that he was nearby." I grabbed my phone and pretended I was checking something. I knew Biddy. She knew me too well and no matter how I tried to act normal, she would sensed something, which she already did.

I can't even bleeding put my password correctly!

"He wasn't nearby, Riley. He pushed Brent out of the way to get on that jet ski. To get to you." She even emphasised the last four words. "In fact, he was by the shore. You should've seen the fear on his face. And as far as I remember, you two don't get on. Yet, the way he acted and the way you reacted tells me something." Again, she emphasised the word 'reacted', made me feel like I owed her an explanation.

I felt like my brain froze.

Why would he do that? And he was worried? But how come he gave me the cold shoulder this morning?

I don't get it.

"I always knew you fancy him, but I didn't know you guys are a 'thing'." She wriggled her eyebrows when I didn't say anything.

I turned red. "No! It's not that. I.." I didn't know what to say exactly. I couldn't just say I was a little upset cause he didn't even acknowledge me earlier. I didn't even mention to the girls about our day out.

"You so like him! Oh my God!" She stood up and clapped her hands. "This is great!"

"Bhidya, calm down! First of all, we're definitely not a thing. And secondly, I couldn't and wouldn't want to be involved with someone who's not over their ex. No way! You heard what Marc said before, he was hoping to get back with his ex."