Chapter 11 - Near Death Experience

Riley's POV

I was up early and bright the next day. I had a big smile on my face even though Tom consumed my thoughts before I went to bed and first thing this morning.

I wasn't sure if I should be happy or be alarmed.

I know I only met him recently. Yes, I don't even fully know him. But I suppose in life, there are times when you can be with someone for years, yet you still don't know them. There are also instances where you meet a stranger..and boom, just like that. Hours, days, weeks, months, and years wouldn't matter. When you feel it, you feel it whole heartedly.

We definitely had a connection.

It could only be one sided.

Who knows?

But what am I suppose to do?

Suppressing it is hard, avoiding him? Forget it. So I'm choosing the easy route. I will take it as it is and see how it goes. Our holiday will be over soon anyway.

I'm single and won't be stepping in somebody else's toes. It's not like I'm going to tell him I find him overly attractive. Absolutely not. I see no harm in living for the moment. And I'm going to make the most of my days left before reality will hit me right soon enough.

I'm actually looking forward to bumping into him today.

I had a shower and put my hair up into a messy bun. I chose to wear a pair of red bikini and a black frayed denim shorts. It was only half seven in the morning, yet it felt like it was already noon. It was so bright and very warm.

Last night was fun with the girls. Joe and Marc came by and brought a few boxes of Dominos pizza. We found out that Joe dragged Marc out and brought some pizza just to see Mae. I was a little gutted though that Tom didn't come by.

I grabbed my flip flops and white knitted coverups, so I didn't feel too exposed. I wasn't going to meet the girls until 10 in the morning, so I had enough time to go out and get some sun.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and doughnut and headed to the sea front. I took my coverups off and laid it on the sand. I sat down in good spirits.

"You and your bloody doughnut."

I turned around and saw a grinning Lucas. He was wearing a sky blue vest with a palm tree print on it and a pair of board shorts. His hair was wet and frizzy, like as though he just had a shower. Or a swim.

"Heeey!" I smiled and glad to see him. I told him to sit down with me, which he did without hesitation.

"So what are you up to today? Don't have any hangover?" He teased.

I smacked his shoulders lightly. "That was a one off!"

His laughter filled the air.

I blushed at the memory of the braless fuss.

He read my mind "Don't worry about it, I've seen worse." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Great. Thanks." I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He looked like he was always up to no good.

"So, are you off today?" I changed the subject. I offered him a doughnut which he took without a second thought.

"You could say that. I can do whatever I like you know." He chuckled.

"Jeez, I wouldn't wanna hire you if I were your employer."

He laughed. "That's the reason why my parents doesn't want me there too."

"What?" It took me a few seconds to process what he said. "You own the tiki bar?" I covered my mouth. "Your family owns the fucking hotel?!"

That explained how and why he was so laid back.