Rats on a Train

In the last couple of weeks since the whole fiasco at the dance I hung out more around the Davenport household and managed to do the impossible: I managed to charm Mr. Davenport. And what's really weird is that I can go down to the lab whenever I want. Crazy right? I feel like I entered the Twilight Zone. So now I was down in the lab with Adam, Chase, Bree, Leo and Mr. Davenport.

"Okay guys, the next phase of your training is handling extreme climates." Mr. Davenport explained "So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. Not part of the training. I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out." I smiled and my eyes landed on Chase. He smiled back at me but looked away blushing.

Chase entered is capsule "Okay Chase, I'm setting your tube on Antarctic. If it gets too much just give me a sign." I worried for a moment before realizing that my boyfriend is a bionic which made everything so much cooler.

"Bring it!"

Mr. Davenport turned the machine on "Hey that's not fair. I want to be abused my weather."

"Leo if you really want to be abused try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree said and I smiled.

"I don't have morning breath," Adam said "It smells like that all day." Eww, that's so gross.

"Leo these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kinds of climates. You're not."

"I can handle extreme cold."

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum."

I laughed and Leo turned to me "It's not funny Katie."

"To you maybe." I said back.

Mr. Davenport's phone went off "Davenport. What? Well that's terrible!" we followed Mr. Davenport around the lab. What was going on? "I mean, well, that's awesome, but that's terrible. I-I got to do something!"

"What's going on? What's terrible?" Adam asked what was on all of our minds.

"Well, I created the worlds fastest train but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive neuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!"

"Well then what was  awesome?" I asked.

"It's going like four hundred miles an hour." Mr. Davenport gushed "My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train and I don't understand. My design was flawless." He started typing something in his computer.

"So flawless that you forgot to include the emergency brake?" Leo asked.

"No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then dropping off the train."

"Well if I were to build a high speed train first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says 'I break for cows'." I rolled my eyes at Adam.

"You know when stuff like this happens they always blame the scientist. This is human error. Scientist's don't make mistakes."

There was a tapping on the door and I turned to see my boyfriend frozen like a  human Popsicle.

"Chase. Now I have to explain the whole train story again."

 I ran and opened up the door while Bree was getting him a towel. Once he was wrapped Bree, Leo and I tried to warm Chase up. I placed my hands on either side of his face to warm up his cheeks "Feeling any better?" I asked.

Chase smiled "Much. Thanks."

Mr. Davenport came in carrying a couple of bags "The good news is whenever I create something I always create a back-up device to support it."