Chapter 3 ~ The "Perfect" Assassin

A tiny bit of light shines into the room. Perfectly hitting Toorus face, waking him up slightly. He opens his eyes and looks around getting startled by the tall man standing on the corner.

"You're awake." He says while wearing a mask that hides the majority of his face. He has a tattoo on his arm which is instantly recognizable to Tooru. It's the tattoo of an Assassin. Tooru gulps as the man looks at him.

"Didn't think we'd meet like this. Shittykawa." Tooru's eyes widen at the use of his old childhood nickname given and used by only one person. The man slowly takes off his mask revealing his handsome face and dark eyes. Tooru can only stare in shock as the identity of the man.

"I-you-what?" Tooru can barely talk. Can't even think. Everything falls into place and the lie he was told all those years ago is revealed. "They said you were sent to another kingdom." His voice is now softer and clearer as he gathers his thoughts. The memories of the day they told him his only friend was taken away flood his mind.

"Yeah, sorry about that." The man walks over and sits on the bed next to Oikawa. "So I see you're still a dumbass." They both chuckle lightly and look at each other smiling.

"So... who's the girl?" Tooru looks up a little shocked. He just chuckles.

"How did you know Iwa?" He smiles at the use of his nickname.

"There's not many reasons you'd run away alone. Besides you just turned 18. Figured an arranged marriage would be enough to drive you away." Tooru sighs and fully sits up next to his old friend, wincing slightly at the bruises on his stomach. "So what? Don't like her?" He exhales lightly.

"It's not that."

"Right. It's that you like guys." Already surprising him again with his knowledge of everything. He nods slightly and looks down at the floor.

"You really just know everything don't you?" He laughs lightly again bringing a smile to Tooru's face.

"I'm observant, to say the least. Anyway, how do you feel."

"Like shit." He takes in a deep breath before looking around the room as Iwa walks to the kitchen, getting Tooru some water.

"Not surprised. Those guys did a number on you." Slowly the memories of last night flow back into his brain. He carefully looks up at Iwa.

"You killed them...right?" He sighs and nods looking at his tattoo.

"You already know this." He flashes the tattoo that he had seen earlier.

"Why?"

"Wasn't really a choice. Got taken away to train in the art of killing. It's either I kill or get killed. Just wanted to survive."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

"I bet it is in some way." Iwa hands Tooru the water and leans against the wall next to the bed.

"What did you plan to do when you left the castle."

"I didn't have much of a plan. I just needed to leave. I thought about stealing a horse, leaving the walls. But it's now pretty obvious I wouldn't survive." Iwa nods and looks out the window as the sun slowly rises to see a group of soldiers headed their way.

"Aww shit..." he quickly pours out his water and races to the closet.

"What?"

"Fucking soldiers. Probably looking for you. Quick come here." He helps Tooru up and over to the closet where the false back has been removed. "Hide in here. And make no noise. If you do, I'll be dead in less than a second, got it?" He nods and climbs into the back where Iwa quickly puts back the fake back. He looks to see bloody bandages from Oikawa and quickly slices his own leg while sitting down on the bed just as the soldiers storm in.

"Where is he!!" The officer yells.

"Kageyama Tobio. It's been a while." The tall man scowls at Iwa forcefully pulling off the bed and shoving him against the wall so their eyes meet. Iwa winces at the force and looks the man in the eye.

"I don't know who you're looking for but whoever it is you won't find them here."

"Cut the crap. Prince Oikawa. Where is he? I know you know something. You fucking assassins know everything."

"True but this is the first I'm hearing of the prince disappearing." He says with a cocky grin only to be met with a hard punch to the stomach. He grunts in pain as the man tightens his grip. The rest of the soldiers look around his house.

"Cut the crap. What do you know." Iwa changes his expression to serious as he sighs in pain.

"Look I don't know where he is ok. He doesn't even know I'm still in the city so he didn't come here. I haven't seen or spoken to him in 10 years. Now piss off." Kageyama takes a moment of intensely staring at him before he lets him drop to the floor and orders everyone to leave.

Iwa sits on the floor relieved and waits a few moments to make sure they are really gone before letting Oikawa out.

"You ok?" He asks while climbing out of the closet.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He sits on the bed and looks at the slit on his leg.

"You really slit your own leg."

"Anything to survive." He shrugs and wraps a small bandage around his leg. "Anyway, so what's your plan." Oikawa sits down next to him and thinks looking down and fidgeting with his hands. "If you are completely serious about not going back to the castle I'll help you. But you have to be 100% done with that life."

Oikawa looks up and grins.

"Really?" He asks hopefully you.

"Are you really ok with leaving all of that?" He nods quickly. Iwa sighs and walks to a draw. Getting out a mask, and hair dye along with some color contacts. He lays them on the bed for Oikawa to see. "Are you completely sure you want to leave that place." Oikawa looks at all the stuff before looking up at Iwa.

"Yes. I'm not going back."

"Ok then tell me what do you want?"

"I want to learn how to fight and go out into the real world." Iwa smiles at his friend.

"Glad to see your dreams didn't change with your age." He smiles lightly. "I'll help you Oikawa."

"Are you sure? You really don't have too."

"Well you almost got killed in your first hour here and the entire military is looking for you. You need my help. Besides, I can also train you." His eyes light up.

"Really?!"

"Yeah. It won't be easy though. I'm going to break you." They both laugh and Oikawa stands up, wrapping his arms around Iwaizumi bringing him into a comforting hug.

"Thank you." He whispers. Iwa lets out a relieved sigh and returns the hug. "I missed you Iwa-chan." Iwaizumi chuckles at that name.

"Missed you too, and I'll beat your ass if you call me that again." Oikawa laughs, relaxing more and more into the embrace of his friend.
_______________________________