In The Shadows

/A/N/ Nothing has changed in this chapter from the original series.

Third person view

A Netheran watches the Nether king, Chronos, rally the army.

Just then, an Enderdragon flies overhead and kills the Wither nearby. The Wither falls to the ground dead. Chronos hurries over to the Wither, and puts his hand on it, saddened by its death.

The Enderdragon lands, and the Enderking, King Rendor, dismounts.

Enderblade against Netherblade, the two kings fight. Rendor gets the upper hand and knocks Chronos down.

The Netharan runs out from the crowd towards Chronos, but stops as Chronos puts up a hand.

Chronos staggers back up as Rendor beats him down again. Rendor is about to kill Chronos when suddenly a blur of energy erupts between them.

The Deathsinger appears. He quickly fights back Rendor and attacks the Enderdragon.

While they are confused, he picks up Chronos. As he turns to leave, the Enderdragon breathes fire onto his back, burning him despite his attempt at shielding himself with another Song. He quickly warps away to safety with Chronos, and now the Nether army closes in on Rendor, who mounts his dragon and flies up over the crowd, then swoops down and ignites a lot of the Nether army as well as some Voltaris.

The Deathsinger watches as some Voltaris burn, then looks up to see Rendor pointing his sword down at the Deathsinger threateningly, then flies off.

The Netharan hurries over to Chronos.

King Chronos turns to the Deathsinger. ' I won’t have the rest of my people slaughtered fighting this meaningless war, Ingressus.'

' We have an alliance, Chronos. If you break that agreement we will both perish.'

' We cannot defeat the combined strength of the Enderknights, the six kingdoms, and the Ardoni. We must retreat.'

Suddenly, Pythus’ voice breaks in.' If we retreat, you will bring shame upon our lineage and draw question upon your right to the crown.'

Chronos considers it for a moment.

' I would rather save the lives of our people, and of you Pythus, and you Vulcannus…' Chronos turns to the Netheran.

Pythus is still angry, and grips his axe tightly.

~*~

Vulcannus is alone in a throne room. He turns around again and sees Pythus confronting Chronos on the throne, a few Netharans and Wither skeletons behind him.

Suddenly Pythus stabs Chronos.

~*~

Vulcannus' p.o.v

' No!' I sit upright from bed. I gasp for air as I look around, and realise I'm not in the Nether. I'm in Crown Peak.

I get out of bed and walks across the room. Kiki opens her eyes and looks up at me.

/A/N/ Kiki is the baby ghast he has. He named it that, so it would be weird for him to call it " baby ghast".

I walks out onto the balcony and look out at Crown Peak. The city is full of lava, netherrack, and wither skeletons patrol the streets.

~*~

Third person view

In all the capitals but Tarturus, people are being ushered through nether portals and being taken into the nether to work as slaves and mine for ores.

~*~

Back to crown peak, Deathsinger walks up the stairs leading to the throne, and stops before Pythus, who is with a few other Nether soldiers.

' I now sit upon the throne of not only one… but two dimensions. Once I have had my fun with the Overworld and expunged whatever resources it has to offer me, I think I will visit the End. I will conquer that dimension as well and defeat the girl who calls herself “queen.”'

' I am pleased to know that you have everything we agreed upon,' the Deathsinger says.

' Oh, I have a lot more than what we agreed… but you? Still only two Prime Songs. You know I could help you, but the sooner you get the Prime Songs, the sooner you’ll no longer need my help… and what then?' Pythus looks up at Deathsinger, who squints as he tries to detect if Pythus is questioning their allegiance.

' I assure you, King Pythus, I have no desire to sit on thrones or to rule Ardonia.'

Pythus stands up from the throne and paces around. ' Of course not! That’s what they all say… until they’ve been given a taste of power. I like you Ingressus, you’re wiser than most, but do not mistake this alliance as even the slightest form of friendship.'

Pythus returns to his throne. Deathsinger turns to leave to avoid further argument.