The End ( Part One )

/A/N/ Because I totally forgot about the Enderknight arc ( my bad ), I'll have to kind of rush them all in.

Abbigail's p.o.v

Suddenly, the Eye of the End turns dark and falls onto the ground.

' What?' Saxon asks, confused.

I pick it up.

' Did something go wrong?' Denny asks me.

' Let's set up here for the night,' I tell them as I keep the Eye of the End.

~*~

We light a fire and gather around it.

Denny is cooking something. Luna wants to mess with the fire, but Denny looks at her, and she backs away from the fire.

I'm sitting on the same log as Allister.
Saxon and Trevor are on another log, and Denny has his own.

Trevor has an enchanting table in front of him. He tries to use it to enchant his sword.

' So I guess this is it?' Saxon turns to me. ' This is the entire team? Your glowing Eye seems to be taking a break.'

I pull out the Eye of the End, which is no longer glowing. Yeah... I guess he's right.

Saxon stands up and walks towards the fire. ' Well I’ll be the first to formally introduce myself! My name is Saxon, and I specialize in potion brewing.'

' You're not talking about alteration potions, are you?' Allister asks, ' Isn't that illegal?'

' In all six kingdoms! It’s illegal… dangerous… and extremely difficult. Not a problem for me though, your pal Saxon has years of experience. I don’t claim to be the best brewer… but I’ve made my fair share of potions- and I’m not just talking speed enhancements. Once I made a potion of invisibility. I say once, because I lost sight of my buyer and he never paid up.'

Everyone chuckles.

' So, how about you, speedy?' Saxon asks Trevor. ' Tell us about yourself.'

' What? Oh ok, well I’m Trevor. I was an apprentice enchanter at Twin Pass… hoping to train at Etherea one day. That’s mostly it… I guess.'

There's a brief moment of silence.

Saxon breaks it. ' So if I asked you to make my boots unbreaking, could you do it? Would save me buying a new pair after all this walking.'

' Oh no, I can't,' Trevor shakes his head. ' I haven’t actually been able to enchant anything yet. I’m still learning.'

Saxon waits a moment, but Trevor says no more. He claps his hands a few times. ' Give it up for Trevor, the enchanter!' He tries to lighten the mood.

He turns to Denny. ' Anything to share, Denny?'

' Not much...'

Out of nowhere, Allister slides closer to me. ' So Abbi, are you ready to become the first Enderqueen, to rule all of Ardonia?'

I shake my head. ' I don't plan on ruling Ardonia.'

' The Enderkings have always ruled… well at least until King Rendor stepped down, and created the six kingdoms.'

I start to feel slightly uncomfortable.
' Wasn’t that a good thing? The people rebelled for years in order to have free kingdoms…'

' Ordinary people don’t know what’s best for them, Abbi. That’s why it takes a strong leader to rule them. As soon as Rendor gave up his power and retreated into the End, the Nether army attacked. The Great War never would have happened if it weren’t for him.'

I turn away. Allister scooches closer.
' Perhaps you're putting too much pressure on yourself. I can help you with that. Allow me to rule with you, as King.'

That's it. I get up and walks off. ' I can manage on my own.'

Allister looks down at the fire.

Denny's p.o.v

I watch as Abbigail leaves. I get up and go after her.

I find her leaning on a tree while looking up at the night sky.

' You alright, Abbi?'

' Yeah, it's just...'

' Did Allister say something? Both of you were kind of having a  conversation over there.'

' No... Not really... Just...'

Suddenly, we hear some commotion from behind. We turn and see the Eye of the End drifting again.

' Hey, it's alive again!' Saxon says, excited.

' Well that sounds good,' Abbigail smiles. ' Come on, brother. Let's go.'

~*~

We arrive at a ruined entryway. The two Enderdragons land beside us.
The Eye of the End is hovering near the entrance. Abbigail takes it.

' What sort of person lives in a place like this?' Trevor asks.

' I don't think anyone lives here, Trevor,' Saxon tells him.

' Looks like our dragons are sitting this one out.' Allister turns to Thunderdome. ' Wait here.'

Thunderdome nods.

Luna looks at Abbigail, worried.

' I'll be fine, Luna,' Abbigail assures her.

We walk through the stone hallways.

' I know what this place is… it’s an Ender stronghold. A few of them were built around the world thousands of years ago, before the land was even known as Ardonia,' Allister tells us.

' Galleous told me we would be going to the End… a different dimension,' Abbigail recalls.

We stop at the center, and see a portal.

' It looks like he was right.' I gesture to the portal.

' So which one of us is going to enter the creepy portal first?' Saxon asks, shivering.

' I'm guessing it's not going to be you,' Trevor snickers.

Saxon tries to hide his fear. He smiles. ' Oh yeah? I’m guessing it’s not going to be you either.'

I jump into the portal without a second thought.

Abbigail's p.o.v

Everyone stands there in shock.

' Did Denny just…?' l break the silence.

' Oh, well. Second isn't bad.' Trevor jumps in next.

Saxon jumps in as well.

Allister glances at me. ' You know, Abbigail… there’s never been a female Enderknight before. Perhaps there was a reason for that.'

I think for a moment. Yeah... He was right. There has to be a reason there were no female Enderknights before. What if I was a mistake?

Allister smiles at me, then jumps in.

I hesitate for a moment, but jump in as well.

I land on the ground and look up. The others are further ahead.

I walk over towards them, and am speechless. The End was spectacular. Floating islands made of a strange white rock, the dark endless void below us. A couple Endermen and Endermites were around, and there was a path leading to who knows where.

' Should we follow it?' Saxon has read my mind.

' Let's follow it. I'm sure it leads somewhere,' Allister begins walking off.