Wait- NO!

(This is a modern AU)

Pulling up to the drive through window, Cassandra sat back in her car seat. She already hated McDonald's, but there wasn't another fast food place around and she had to get back to work.

A monotone voice came over the speaker. "Welcome to McDonald's, can I get your order?"

Cassandra bit her lip, looking over the menu. "Can I get a cheese burger?" she asked, not really caring what she ordered.

"Hello?"

"Sorry, ma'am, can you repeat that?"

"Can I get a cheese burger?"

"What?"

"A cheese burger."

"A super expensive burger?"

"No! A cheese bur-"

"One chicken burger coming right up!"

Cassandra face palmed. "No! A CHEESE BURGER!"

"..."

"..."

"Alright, just pull up to the next window, and we'll have your order ready!" the worker said.

Cassandra sighed, and just moved forward. At the window, she handed the man her cash.

"Thanks, ma'am," he said, eager to take her money. Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"Um, can you please pull forward? We haven't finished making your food, so you'll have to wait." Cassandra blinked a few times.

"What? W- What did you just say?"

"I said we haven't finished your food, so you'll have to wait."

That word echoed in her mind. And just like that, Cassandra was triggered. "No! I will not wait! Do you know how long I've been waiting?! My whole LIFE! That's right! My whole STINKING life! So NO, I will not wait! I will NOT wait! Why don't you wait!? Why!? When you've waited your entire life, then you can come and tell me to WAIT!" she shouted/growled/snapped/freaked (There are many words to describe what happened here).

A scared worker handed her a bag. "Alright, alright, just go! Please don't hurt me!" he cried.

Breathing heavily, Cassandra took the food and drove out of the parking lot as fast as she could. When she checked the bag, Cassandra snapped.

A chicken burger.