Chapter 1 : George Rivers

I am a pesant's son living in Northern England during Richard III's reign. Life is not easy for me and for my family for we have to work hard in the fields all day to earn a decent living. We live in a small thatched house with 1 sister and 2 brothers. I am the youngest of them all. My sister Margret Tacher is the widower of the Noble Lord John Tacher, who was one of the courtier in Richard's court. He rose to the prominence having King's favour on his side. Lord John fell in love with my sister Margret, the commoner and married her and there after he never allowed my sister to have any blood relation with us. I hardly saw her in the past 10 years, my parents were happy for she is married to a Lord and is running her decent household. Although she was cursed for having to bewitched Lord John for luring him to marry her by the Tacher family.

One day I was working in the fields and I had thurst to drink some ale. I went home but couldn't find any in the barrels of the pantry. I have decided to drink some water from the village's well and began spinning the wheel but I could not fetch the bucket of water for I needed another person to fetch the bucket for me. I was tired not being successful at fetching water, I quit. I couldn't control my thurst anymore, so I went to the lake to drink some water. And as i was just about to drink some water a handsome man stopped me from doing so. He said "Hey lad, do not drink that dirty water. Here , have some of my ale" and handed me his bottle. I was taken by surprise by the act of the stranger but I accepted and thanked his kindness.

He smiled at me and said "I am George Rivers son of Lord Rivers".