•Part 47•

October 14th 1968

Autumn had arrived and finally the album was finished. Paul and the others were relieved to have some time off from recording and creating - but they questioned why they felt that way. Surely they should still be full of passion and thrill for their careers?

That evening Paul had acquired a set of keys to the studio and handed them to Amelia with no warning.

"What are these for?" She questioned.

Paul smirked, "the studio".

Amelia gasped, "Seriously?".

"Yep"

"The albums done?"

"Yep"

Amelia was beyond ecstatic and started to bounce around the kitchen and squeal with excitement.

"Can we- can we go listen to it?" She asked raising an eyebrow cautiously.

Paul nodded and his smirk grew into a grin. He took her by the hand and they raced out of their home into his car and drove to Abbey Road.

"Paul, I'm so full of adrenaline you would not believe it!" She exclaimed practically running into the studio.

She took a seat on a stool in the centre of the room whilst Paul stood in the mixing room and prepared the music. He then started the album and played it through the speakers into the recording space where she was sat. She clapped her hands quickly in appreciation but stopped so she could take in the music.

Back In The USSR was punchy and attacked the listener. Amelia immediately fell in love with the song and loved the quick tempo of it. Soon, other songs followed and the styles were unlike anything she had heard from them. She thought the same during Sgt Pepper, but this was in a new, almost sinister, way.

They were already onto While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Amelia was astounded at George's progression in songwriting. She also discovered that his close friend and famous blues guitarist Eric Clapton had led the song which interested her even more.

A couple of songs later, the final version is Martha My Dear played and Paul was unsure of how she'd react to what he'd done with the track. He had added a string and brass section along with a bass track - all of which Amelia appreciated immensely and made her song into being.

She also dearly loved the simplistic production for Blackbird and Paul informed her how it took him almost one hundred takes to get the right one for the album. Again, the song brought tears to her eyes - it was still her favourite he had ever crafted.

I Will was a lovely surprise to her and she quickly became very fond of it. She adored this new acoustic style Paul had ventured into with this record and she felt so privileged to even live with the musical genius that he was, let alone be married to him! This contradicted John's harsh vocals on Yer Blues which made her excited. She adored blues so took to this song well and couldn't get enough of the tempo change half way through. However, she could see the clear contrast between Paul and John's songs. There was very little that seemed like they had crafted together and everything was very separate.

Suddenly, Helter Skelter blasted through the speaks and Paul smiled at Amelia's socked expression - it was the exact reaction he wanted from her. It was so heavy that she was in disbelief that it was the same band.

"What is this!" she shouted over the volume.

"It's hard rock! We wanted to see if we could write the heaviest song ever!" He told her and she laughed.

But realistically, it did sound like the heaviest song she'd ever heard and she loved it. The drums were much louder in the mix than any song they had done before. Paul was practically screaming throughout the whole song and she loved hearing it for the first time.

Eventually, the albums ending neared. Revolution 9 caught her attention, but Paul was still less convinced that it was a good song. That is, if you could even deem it a song. But he explained the process to her and what John, Yoko and George Harrison had done to create it. She appreciated the piece and started to see the avant garde theme that John was exploring with the album.

And finally to close the 30-track record, Good Night floated into the studio as Ringo's soft vocals filled the room. She loved the calm atmosphere it brought and thought it was unusual considering all the other chaotic genres the band had covered previously on the album.

The room was swapped with silence as Amelia digested all that she had heard. Because the album was so lengthy, she felt like they had covered almost every genre and style out there. Unlike other times, she didn't have to write a review about it which she was slightly pleased about due to its complexity. She wondered how the fans and public would react to the record and knew the boys wouldn't care regardless.

"Are you pleased with it?" She said as Paul came back from turning off the gear in the mixing room.

"I love most of it" he replied tidying their stools away.

"Most of it?" She questioned.

"Well I'm obviously very pleased with my bits, but I can't say the same for John's. And I can't help but think that's Yoko's influence," he said honestly "but he's so in love, Lia. He's hopeless. And I mean deeply. He's obsessed with her and she makes him happy so I can't stop him. I'm just not on the same page as him musically anymore".

Amelia smiled at him reassuringly, "Just know that I think all of your work is brilliant. This album is going to be monumental in history and will be played for many many years I'm sure of it".

She pulled his shoulders and hugged him tight.

"Shall we go home now, Mr Music Man?"

Paul smiled into her shoulder and mumbled, "Yes please".