17 : 𝖨 𝖰𝗎𝗂𝗍

「📰」

January. Y/N amd Greg had already flown back to the States. Greg had been loose to Y/N now that the criminal was finally arrested. All throughout the winter, Y/N did nothing but to spend her days in her lonely residence with nobody else but her assistants and Greg on an occasional visit.

The thing is, her mind was always on Soobin. It felt like she regretted everything even though she should actually be in peace now that she's about to get the justice that she deserved. She was always spaced out, seldom to pay attention and always sulk in all chances found. Her assistants tried to tell Greg about it but her manager only assumed that she was just trying to recover from the trauma.

"I'll have you a film proposal in Japan, Y/N. Once this goddamn case is closed, we'll fly our way in there and start making money again."

"But Greg-"

"I know, I know." He dramatically sighed. "You're probably thinking about your scandals. Ah, don't worry you'll have them figured out."

"M-me?"

"Why yes!" Greg threw his arms up. "I've put enough with your case. You really think I'd bother bailing you out for the rest of your shits?"

"You're my manager-"

"Exactly. And I tell you what to do and what not, that's all. I'm not a parent."

Y/N's shoulders dropped due to what she's heard. Greg impatiently paced around her room as he dialed something on his phone. Y/N stared out of her window. It was dark and snow storm was prevalent.

"Hello? Attorney? Yes, this is Greg. I'm checking on Y/N's case."

Y/N tried to eavesdrop. Greg sounded irritated. It might be because he's already sick of putting up for his little artist. Y/N accepts it. Even she was sick of his presence and attitude.

"Oh? You're saying Soobin could face a lifetime in prison?"

She gulped. The heavy feeling of guilt washed all over her again. Greg kept on talking in delight.

"All I need is to have her sign the paper?"

Y/N buried her face in her palms. The sudden flashback of Soobin trying to save her from all harm played in her memory like a broken projector.

From their very first encounter, he saved her from an anti-fan who threw eggs and tomatoes at her.