Chapter 1

"Girls, it's time for Dinner!" Mom yelled.

Rae and I came down in a spiffy. When it comes to food we get crazy as hell. When we were little, we spent too much time with Uncle Prodigy.

"Baby, you sure these ain't Prod's kids?" Dad asked.

Mom hit Dad playfully in the chest.

"Chris! Really?"

"Sorry baby." Dad said while licking his lips.

Before you know it they were tonguing each other down.

"GET A ROOM!" Rae yelled.

"Ya nasty." I said laughing.

Dad and Mom are so perfect for each other I swear. Mom probably was mad popular when she was my age. While Dad was probably the geek. I can totally imagine that.

We were all in the middle of a conversation when we heard the door bell ring.

"I GOT IT!" I screamed.

"Keep ya voice down! We all hear you!" Dad said.

I went to open the door and saw Aunt Tae and Uncle Ray. Hehe, that rhymes a little.

"What's up lil shawty." Ray said.

"For the last time, you might be 38 but I'm taller than you...remember that."

"Hope!" Mom yelled.

"He started it!"

"Nah girl, you did."

"'Nah girl, you did.'" I say mocking him.

"'He started it!'" He said mocking me back.

"Ray! Stop acting immature." Aunt Tae said to him.

He glared at me while he was walking by to my parents. I smiled. Ray is like a really big bro to me. Since I only have a sister.

After we all finished eating Rae pulled me down to her lab.

"Girl, I ain't helping your ass for some stupid invention that gets us both in trouble."

"We aren't gonna get in trouble, trust me."

When we reached there, I saw this huge large booth that had like a zillion buttons on it. Even though her projects are stupid sometimes this was an amazement. It was probably like 7 feet tall, not that big but huge.

"What's this?" I saw in awe.

"This baby," She smiled. "Is a time machine."

"Dang! We all know it's impossible to make a time Machine."

She laughed. I eyed her down.

"Not when you're from the August Family."

I shrugged. Maybe this really works. It looks all sciency, if that's even a word.

"Tomorrow morning we're going on a ride!"

"No, I don't want to meet Paul Revere."

"As much as love to, I wanted to go back in time a year before MJ died. "

"2008? Dang that's a loooong time ago." I told her.

"Yeah, whatever. We gotta go to bed though. Tomorrow we have a long day ahead of us."

"Ahhh! You're so annoying sometimes. So what time should we get up?"

"6 am."

"What?! I can't wake up at 10 neither less 6! Nah, you gotta chill with that."