Chapter 10

A year later

The travel year was over, Kit and Ty were together and happy since they first kissed.
They hadn't told their family's yet, but they were going too.
Now, they were in Devon and wanted to visit Tessa, Jem and Mina.
Kit just rang the doorbell, smiling.
„Kit!", Tessa exclaimed, and then added, „By the angel Ty! What are you doing here...Oh wait, come in guys and then tell us."
Jem hugged Kit tightly and Mina ran towards Kit to hug him too.
„I missed you!", she said.
„I missed you too, Min-Min."
„Who are you?", Mina asked, looking at Ty.
„This is Ty...my boyfriend."
„Oh!", Tessa said.
„I'm happy for you two.", Jem said, smiling at them.
„That is what happened three years ago, you were in love with him.", Tessa said.
„Tessa you know what we say right?", Jem asked his wife.
„Herondale's only love once.", she said, smiling, tears gleaming in her eyes.
„I am so happy for you two.", Tessa said.
They kept on talking, and laughing, Jem and Tessa's eyes shone with happiness and they thought Kit looked happy, completely happy, for the first time in a few years.
Something was always missing, always sad and longing, maybe it was the absence of Ty, they thought.
A few days later they wanted to visit the Blackthorn family, and said they'll visit soon again.

Ty hadn't called his family, he wanted it to be a surprise.
Dru was the first to see them and hugged Ty shortly.
She knew he didn't like hugs but she was too excited to see him.
„Kit?", she asked, excitedly.
„It's me.", he said shyly.
Dru hugged him tight, but then said, „What were you thinking? Leaving without saying goodbye?"
„I am sorry, Dru.", he said, and he really was.
The whole family were excited to see them and wer surprised about Kit being there.
„I'm going to send Jace a message, I think he really wants to see you.", Julian hat said.
Emma and him were holding hands, smiling.
„Kit, it's good to see you.", Emma said and then , „We've missed you."
„I've missed you guys too."
At dinner, they wanted to know everything about their travel year, and so they told them about the family Bellfeur, their demon hunts and adventures.
„Kit is also my boyfriend.", Ty said, looking really nervous.
Quickly Kit gripped Ty's hand and rubbed his thumb over Ty's hand to comfort him.
„I KNEW IT", Dru shouted across the room.
Julian shot a look at her and she murmured, „I'm sorry guys."
Under her breath she said, „Finally."
„Well I suspected it since Kit left without saying good-bye.", Julian said.
„How long did it take you guys to get together? Three years?", Emma said and laughed.
„We're all happy for you guys.", Mark said.
Cristina smiled warmly and nodded.
Helen and Aline were both grinning.
„Guys we need to tell you something too.", Helen said.
„What is it?", Ty asked.
„We're going to adopt a baby soon.", she said, smiling out of happiness.
Everyone was really happy for them and hugged both.
„We actually adopted.", Kit said.
„What?", Julian said.
„Oh no! Stop what you think! We adopted a kitten so Irene wouldn't be alone, her name is Kitty.", Kit said proudly.
„Ohhhh can we see a picture of her?", Dru asked.
„Sure.", Kit said, laughing.
Ty looked at him, his eyes shone, and smiled.
Later that night Julian went to Kit and said, „Please don't hurt him."
„I won't.", Kit said, „Herondale's only love once."

(That was my little fanfic of Kit and Ty!
I hope you enjoyed🥰)