18

In one day, I've interacted with people way more than I would probably like to. My father wouldn't exactly approve of it either. I know he wouldn't. He would see this as me building up to my own failure in life.

After we got our food, we went to find seats in the outdoor dining. I'm surprised trying to  find seats is so easy. I then realize that they had seats saved. The tables were pulled together. The people there are no other than my roommates.

We sit down and everybody greets each other. For some reason, I end up next to Glendale again. I wish I hadn't, especially since we are sitting across from the girl he was having the argument that day.

"Where are our manners?" Kyle says. "Faith, this is Hallie, her and Luke use to be couple goals." Kyle smirks.

"Shut up, Kyle." She says, glowering at him. "She's our roommate though." Hallie acknowledges. She's a blonde, her hair in two low, messy buns. She has grays eyes and freckles span her face lightly. She has pink lips, that look as if they were stung by bees, but in the good, Instagram model way. Her eyebrows are thick, but shaped perfectly. She's the pretty girl people use to catfish there on catfish.

"Hi, I am Jen." The girl next to her says. She has black hair and brown eyes.

"And I am Stacy." She has brown hair, green eyes.

"Hello." I acknowledge them back.

"This is yours." I turn my attention to Glendale number two who hands me my fries.

"Thanks." I mutter. I instantly just focus on my fries. I dip them in ketchup. They are saltier than I would of thought.

By time I am done, my mouth is dry. I make a mental note to look for a water fountain later. I sallow to moisten my mouth.

"Here." He says and I look over at him. He's handing me his drink.

"I can't take that." I say to him.

"Just take it." He insists.

"That's weird." I shake my head. "You could have something."

"Yes, I have herpes, syphilis and mouth sores." He says sarcastically. I meet his blank look with one of my own. "Fine, I'll get you another." He gets up, and I grab his hand I pull him into a sitting position.

"Fine, I give into peer pressure."'I mumble. I take the large drink and take a sip. "See, happy?" I ask.

"Ecstatic." He answers and I roll my eyes.

From the corner of my eyes, I glimpse Hallie staring at us. She looks at me and I pretend not to see her.

"Luke, you hitting on Noah's girl? You guys just might fight again." Micheal says.

The problem with this is I am drinking. I didn't realize other people other than Hallie had noticed the interaction between Glendale number two and I. This causes me to choke on the Sprite. It's a real choke. I am gasping for air.

Glendale number two grabs me, turning me towards him and taping my back. The bit of Sprite comes out my nose and mouth and goes onto the floor.

"See what you did, you almost killed her." Alex says.

"My bad, Faye." Micheal says.

Him calling Faye reminds me of Titus. I can feel myself slipping back to the events of that night. I can smell the hint of weed, the smell my neighbor is acquainted to. It's a staple scent where I live. I can hear the laughter in the background of kids going home. The faint sound of cop cars somewhere. Maybe a ambulance or firetruck.

I close my eyes and try to snap myself out of it. I need to get up or I'll lose it in front of everyone. "I- I'll b-be b-back." I stammer.I get up quickly, almost falling over and knocking over the drink. I catch it before it falls  and steady it before getting up and darting away.

I can't push them back this time, tears gush down my face as images of the events flash in my head. There are people around me and I don't even know where I am. I am so overwhelmed. My heart beat is speeding up and I am overwhelmed. I am clocking out of reality and feel as if I am going to black out. I can't pull myself out no matter how hard I try to steady my breathing.

"Camera Girl." I hear somewhere. It's cloudy. "Faith!" I hear lowly. "Faith. Are you okay?" It's a little more clear now. "Faith." It's full volume now. I let out a huge exhale and I have to catch my breath. I steady myself. I am crying slightly still. "Can I touch?" He asks. I don't even know what I respond. I am so out of it. His hand is over my shoulder and he pulls me under his arm and starts walking. "You don't get motion sickness on water, right?" He asks.

"No." I say lowly.

He leads me somewhere and I don't even know where I am going or what I am doing.  Soon, we are on a boat with a three other people who are alone on the ride Storybook Land Canal Boats.

It's on water. I am sitting away from him and I can feel him eyeing me. "Good evening and welcoming upon the Tinker Bell." The person directing it says. There's also a Snow White boat and others. He's talking and showing us places like Alice and Wonderland or where Aladdin and Jasmine lived. I zone out.

When it is over, we get out and I've almost composed myself. "You know, this is the second time you've done this."

"That was a ride geared towards kids." I change the subject.

"Seriously, what is with the black outs?" He ignores my last statement.

"Nothing. You can go back to your friends now." I dismiss him and start walking away.

I know he is behind me. "I called you several times before you became conscious and aware. This is the second time I rescued you." He says.

"Rescue sounds misogynistic."

"Yeah, I partake in toxic masculinity. Now, I deserve an explanation or something."

"You don't." I tell him.

"Two times in less than two weeks calls for an explanation."

"Can you stop following me."

"Why are you so difficult?"

I huff and stop instantly and turn around. He barely stops in time. I take a deep a breath. I am just irritated, that's why I tell him. "They say I have PTSD. Now please, leave me alone. I don't like you and I've spent an ample amount with you today." I turn around and walk away and he doesn't t follow.