Good Intentions

Authors Note: Hey you guys this is my first go at writing a book, I hope you guys will enjoy it and if you like the first chapter let me know if I should go ahead with the book. I know it doesn't sound too interesting now but it is the first chapter and I do have a lot more planned out for the story line! :)

 I'm just kind of introducing you to the main character Amber and her small family. I hope you guys fan and vote if you like it and if you have any comments and suggest them I'm happy to take them aboard!!

Here's what the story is about for people who read books on their blackberry's such as myself ;

Amber is a young girl who never fitted in not at home, and definitely not in school! Forced to live with her grandmother after a tragic accident that caused her both her parents death. Amber tries to hang on to what little family she has left in her life as her gran is taken into a home for sick elderly and with a sister who pushes her further and further away from her.

Suddenly amongst family drama Amber runs into a stranger who says she's head of an academy for supernatural beings and would like her to join on her sixteenth birthday. Ambers none the wiser as to why she wants her to join, its not like she has an super powers or anything?

************************************************************

Chapter One: Good Intentions

Moonlight danced upon the waves as they loudly crashed onto the shore never missing a beat, I felt myself move in time with the musical sound of the waves and as my long fiery red hair seemed almost to dance as the wind whipped forcefully through it.

I heard shouting behind me, the noise barely audible above the sound of the wind. I turned and began to walk towards my sister.

As I had just reached her just I noticed the fowl look she had written all over her face "Why do you always spend so much time out here? you know gran likes us in before dark, she sent me to get you like i don't have anything better to do then go looking for my baby sis all the time" she said with a slight tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

"Sorry i forgot what time it was" I drawled as I silently cursed myself I gathered my pen, papers and the purple sea shell that had been left resting on the rock and shoved them into my backpack.

I knew I really shouldn't carry it around with me, but every time I left the house I felt as if the shell called to me. stupid, I know right?

As I climbed over the tall unsteady rocks with my sister towards the little house on the shore i noticed the light on in the kitchen, I knew gran had been waiting up for me again.

As I reached the sandy mound at the front porch I reached up towards the brass handle and opened the paint stripped front door quickly, I knew Jessica was growing impatient just as Jessica tapped a pink sandal shoe silently of the moonlit sand.

Nan croaked in through the kitchen door leaning her head into the dark hall. She beaconed us in with a frail wrist. "girls I think we really must sit down and talk there's something i must say to you both".

"I know you both have been very impatient to know what has been going on but as you know I'm my heart problems have seemed to be only going downhill, so I’ve decided to take the place at the resident home nearby they have the equipment I need for my breathing..." gasped the old lady as she lightly tapped her cane on the ground.

I quickly chirped in "But i can get a job to help you get the equipment you need gran i don't want to see you leave your home!"

Gran replied "I know dear but it’s for the best you're only young you don't understand besides I've decided to leave the house for you two girls to look after, Amber i know you couldn't bear to leave the shore to live with your aunt, and Jessica you've made so many friends here i couldn't ask you to leave your home just because i need extra help. If i were to write my will right now you'd both be getting the deed to the house. it just doesn't seem the same since you're grandfather passed dear." sighed Gran as she looked towards the sea from as the florescent light poured out of the kitchen window.