surprise

harry's pov

i loved my job. it was one of the hardest ones i've ever had, but i love it. getting to perform songs with my gorgeous boyfriend and my best mates. however, sometimes before a show, you get a gut feeling where you know something bad is gonna happen, but you can't prevent it nor can you take off. thanks simon.

today was one of those days. everything was fine when we were all on the bus, but when we stepped off to walk into the venue, the feeling hit me like a ton of bricks. louis must have noticed because once we stepped inside, he pulled me into our dressing room we shared.

"harry, what's wrong? and don't say that you are fine because i can clearly see you aren't." i sighed and walked over to the couch placed in the middle of the room, louis hot on my heels. he sat down and wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me into him. i laid my head on his shoulder and sighed again. "baby, please. what's upsetting you?"

"you know those feelings. the ones that randomly happen and they make you nervous because you don't know what they mean?" "yeah, why? is that what's wrong?" i nodded, not wanting to talk about it. he cooed at me and i pouted. "cupcake, everything's gonna be fine. i'll be there to protect you. so will liam and niall. everything's gonna be okay. okay, baby cakes?" i nodded as he kissed my temple.

"alright, perfect! let's go see lou so she can do our hair and make up, then we'll go get dressed, yeah?" "okay, boo. promise you'll stay with me?" "all night," he promised and pecked my lips gently, before getting off the couch and walking out the door.

concert

while performing our first songs, the feeling went down. the adrenaline coursing through my veins, louis in his black mesh tank top, fitting his body perfectly. not to mention, it's see-through and his biceps look huge in it. needless to say, i was distracted. however, going backstage for a small water break made the horrid feeling come back, only stronger than before.

i was extremely cautious the remainder of the performance. making sure i wasn't in that way of anything, trying not to fall and hurt myself. trying not to hurt anyone's feelings by accident or on purpose. all of these things clouded my mind and before i could think, after the bow of the night, i walked up to louis and kissed him on the lips. he kissed back immediately, until realizing what was happening.

the entire crowd screaming. liam looking terrified. niall looking proud. louis looking smug. management screaming through a dead mic, telling us to get off stage. i looked at the guys and they nodded, getting my message. we took our in-ears off and out. we sat them on the stage floor. i looked at louis and shrugged. he nodded, pulling me into a kiss. after pulling away, i reached for my mic.

"i have loved you since you were 18," i sang to louis. the lads and i bowed once more before walking off stage, louis and i holding hands. we all flipped off one of our many managers, before screaming we quit and walked out giant steel double doors of freedom.