TRG Chapter 14: Saving grace...

In as much as I don’t want this story to be dramatic, I need to make some drama. It can’t be all about love and fluff.

Besides, TRG is coming to a close.

Featured Character: Allister

Song of the Chapter: One last time by Ariana Grande

---------------------------------------------------

“Everything that is happening right now, was bound to happen. But you came to our lives and you gave him hope. You are his saving grace.”

Vincent’s POV

Another week had passed and we haven’t heard from Twiddledee and Twiddledum. Not until last night…

It was 4 o’clock in the morning and for the same reason, I got up of our bed.

I couldn’t sleep anymore.

I suddenly felt uneasy. It’s like a sudden surge of anxiety came over me.

It was that text I received from my dad last night, right before we got to bed, that kept on bothering me.

“If you don’t want anything to happen to Allister, continue with the wedding or I’ll do everything in my power to destroy him. No more games Vincent. Consider this my final warning.”

“Hey, are you okay?” He asked. “Is something bothering you again?”

“I’m fine.” I replied. “Just go back to sleep.”

He sat up right next to me. “I won’t until you do.” He said as his arms were wrapped around me.

“Allister…”

“Yes?”

 “What will you do if they come and break us apart again?” I asked, trying to clear my mind. The voices in my head are constantly telling me to leave him and save him.

Was this even the right thing to do?

 “I’ll follow your lead.” He answered. “Like I always do.”

I have to ask him.

“What if I don’t do anything?”

He didn’t answer.

“What if I just let go?”

“What are you trying to say?” He asked as he lets go of me.

I turned to face him. “Alli… Allibear, I don’t know what to do anymore.”

The urge to stay with him is greater than to save him but what if my want is never what he deserves.

He’s been through a lot as well in this relationship and I can’t let him be the collateral damage for my decisions.

I have to do what is right. I felt a tear slip passed my eye.

“Why? What happened?”

I have to tell him.

“They got me on a chokehold.” I told him. “They will destroy you and everything we have if I do anything to resist the wedding. They know our plan. I think Max and her sister laid out theirs.”

He was silent again.

“My dad will destroy you. I don’t know how…but I won’t risk you to be in the crossfire between me and my dad.” I told him as I held him in my hands.