TRG Chapter 11: Lies

It’s been a long time coming but I’m here!

Hope that you’ll enjoy this one!

Featured Character: Vincent

Song of the Chapter: Lies by Marina and Diamonds

------------------------------------------

“Lying is like injecting venom in a relationship. And most of the time, there is no anti-venom for some lies.”

Allister’s POV

Aw fuck this!

“Allister, I’m sorry, okay?” Max said over the phone. “I didn’t know that Amanda had us followed and she got a good shot of us kissing. I’m truly sorry.”

Fucketty fucking fuckeroo! What perfect way to start your day. Start it with a heaping serving of bad news with a dash of Amanda Laurentis. To think that going out with him that night was bad enough. Vincent just saw us walking together that night and he snapped at that, what more when he sees the picture. OMG! I know that very evil girl will show that to Vincent to obliterate every piece of relationship I have with Vincent.

“Can’t you do anything?” I asked. 

“Sorry Allister, but you know her. There’s no stopping her.” He said. Of course he can’t do anything! Amanda is the devil in disguise! No one has any power over her! All I can do is hope and pray that it never comes out and it was all a bluff.

“Oh that’s just fucking perfect!” I said exasperatingly.

“I’m really sorry Allister, I shouldn’t have kissed you that night.”

“It’s not your fault, it’s that devil of a sister you have.” And on cue, Vincent had entered kitchen.

“Who are you talking to at this early hour?” He asked as he went straight to the fridge to get some orange juice.

I covered the mic of my phone before answering. “It’s a client, asking if I could make the order.”

He shrugged it off and closed the fridge with the pitcher of orange juice in one hand. He leaned on the island counter and opened the bag of bread.

I got back on the phone with Max. “Allister, where did you go?”

“It’s alright Mrs. Thompson, I’ll call you again if the orders are done.” I lied.

“Who the heck is Mrs. Thompson?” Max said on the other line.

“Vincent is in the room.” I whispered.

“Oh, okay okay. Talk to you later then.” He chuckled.

“Alright, alright. Thank you Mrs. Thompson. Bye.”

“Bye Alli.” He said as I hung up.

I walked to Vinny’s side and huffed.

“Why the long face?” He asked as he munched on a piece of bread.

“It’s just a ton of orders, I don’t know if I could do it in time.” I lied as I rested my head on his shoulder. But hell, that was a lot to take in in this early hour.

“You know Allibear, don’t commit yourself to a thing you are unsure of. In the end, you’ll end up with nothing. The best thing to do in situations like this is accept the fact, that you’re not Superman.” He said as he placed his hands around my waist.