Chapter Two

Even though my life was filled with lots of bad luck there were also moments of great joy. Like right now. My trap caught a fat rabbit that i happily roasted beside the river bank. It would be enough for two days. All i needed was some fruits to balance my diet. Even though i was now a rogue, i stuck to a life of eating balanced diet. I didn't eat just meat. I ate a ton of fruits as well.

I had made a couple of rogue friends but the two i regarded as family had disappeared 5months ago. Ben and Tom had both found me few days after i had been banished. They took me in after they heard my story and told me they have been rogues since birth but unfortunately lost their parents. We were a little family for the last 3years before they randomly disappeared 4months ago. Even though I didn't want to admit it, I knew deep down they were never coming back. They had left me behind and gone ahead to search for a new home for us. Leaving me behind for my safety but they never came back.

The first few weeks I was devastated. I tried searching for them but it was to no avail. I didn't even know the direction they went to. I gave up searching after a while and focused on surviving with the knowledge Ben and Tom impacted upon me. I tried as much as possible to avoid feral rogues. Feral rogues were wolves who have lost their mind and had no control over their actions. They were mad wolves that attacked anyone and anything in their path. I wouldn't even last 30 seconds if i ever ran into one.

'i want to go for a run soon' my wolf happily told me

'i was thinking the exact same thing wolfie'

'We should wait and eat first for more energy

'Wolfie you don't have to worry, we can just have a short run first

'What if someone steals it before we come back

'Oh that true 'I sighed 'but eh I'm totally itching for a run'

I got up to to take my clothes off. I don't have much clothes anyway and I wouldn't want to rip the few I had and end up walking around naked. I could also just walk around in my wolf form continously but nah.

'There's someone here' my wolf said forcing me to listen closely

A slight rustle followed by laboured breathing were the first things my ears picked up. I didn't move cause i didn't really know much about fighting. Ben and Tom usually protected me from danger while I ran to hide.

I heard the footsteps as they approached me. The footsteps were unsteady telling me the person wasn't going to much danger.

Thump

The person must have fallen.

"Who's there's?" I asked with a confident voice. I hoped that would scare the person a little bit.

"Pl-please help me" a feminine voice replied after some seconds went by. The voice came from behind some bushes just ahead.

I hesitated but ended up approaching the owner of the voice. Slowly but steady, i walked until I found a woman lying there with blood all over her. Her clothes were torn in different places with large and small injuries all over her body.

"Oh my God what happened?" i rushed up to her.

Thank God she ran into a doctor like me.

I used my medical knowledge to check over her. The injuries were very bad. She needed urgent treated or she was going to bleed to death. The bite and tear marks all over her body were wide and thick and were continously oozing blood. I tore pf the sleeves of my top, tying up the worse injuries to reduce the amount of blood she shed.

"i wandered off from my pack amd got attacked by a feral. Please help me get to my son"

"How could you wander out of your pack? Don't you know how dangerous that is?" This wasn't the right time to admonish her but I couldn't help myself. This woman was on my list of the most foolish people I've ever met.

"I...I know but I just wanted to end it all. I don't want to stay here anymore. My heart is bleeding" she begins to cry and I'm left confused "but but before I could do anything, I was attacked"

Oh I think I get in now. She must have wanted to kill herself but then the feral attacked her.

Why didn't she let the feral finish her off then? Didn't she want to die?

Women!!

"Ok ok Where? Where do you need to go?" I replied hurriedly. I really hope she wasn't from a dangerous pack because my senses could tell she had luna abilities. I really didn't want to go to a pack but i couldn't leave her here to die.

"Take me to the New Moon Pack. Please please i beg of you."

I took a step back when i heard the name. I knew that pack. I knew they were dangerous. I hated packs especially those filled with blood thirsty warriors. They were rumors all over the forest about how they never let go off rogue spotted around their border. You didn't even need to cross into the border before they attacked you. Just being around the border in the first place gets you killed. Wouldn't they just kill me if they found not only me but an injured woman with me? What if they assume i was the one responsible?

"I know you're scared but please i really need your help"

I didn't want to put myself in danger but i didn't want to leave this woman here. Leaving her here means death. She would either bleed to death or get attack by some dangerous animal. Even if she tried to get to her pack, she wouldn't be able to make it.

'Let's get her there and make a run for it' my wolf made the decision for me.

"Fine but you have to assure my safety" i said finally compromising. I prayed in my heart, hoping this decision doesn't lead me to death.

"Dont worry, I'll make sure no one hurts you"

"I hope you keep to this promise"

"Don't worry dear. I swear on my life, i won't let my son or anyone hurt you"

I found my way through the forest as i tried supporting the woman. About 60% of her wieght was being supported be me 2hile she managed to drag her feet as we walked. She was getting weaker by the second and i tried my best to pull her with me. I knew we were almost there. I could sense the pack territory just further away. We walked for the next 30 minutes until i heard footsteps running towards us from the direction of the pack. I figured they had most likely sensed her since we were already about to cross the border.

"Mother" i heard someone scream. I could understand because this woman looked horrible. It took us a long time to get here with the situation She's in.

"Help me" she mumbled before she suddenly slumbed against me. I knew this situation just turned horrible because she wouldn't be able to explain to them and I'll be stuck here till she wakes up. I didnt want that.

"Drop my Mother you filthy rogue" a voice boomed in the forest. My wolf cowered back and i immediately dropped her as my body obeyed the alpha command.

No no no

This wasn't the plan

No please wake up

"Please i wasn't the one who harmed her. I found her like this" i went on my knees pleading. "Please you have to believe me. She was the one who begged me to bring her here."

"Shut up you filth. Did i ask you to talk?" His eyes were already black showing how enraged he was. He wasnt going to listen to me in his current state. "You injure my mother and bring her here hoping i would extend my hands amd reward you"

I hurriedly shook my head tears streaming down my face.

This couldn't be happening to me.

"Guards!" He yelled "Drag her into the pack and lock her up. When I'm done I'll come for her" he scooped his mother into his arms and off he went with the only person who could save me.

I'm dead

I'm going to die

Die because I saved someone.

Why? Why me?

I should have left her alone then i wouldn't have to suffer this injustice