22

Chapter Twenty-Two| Kaden
🔥

"Daddy, daddy, look!" My little girl smiles brightly as she shows me her bratz dolls. I smile and pick her up placing her onto my lap.

"She looks like mummy." She whispers and points to Ava who is sleeping on our bed.

"Like a beautiful queen." I grin, pinching her chubby cheeks.

My princess looks up at me with wide eyes. "Will you and mummy be together forever?" She whispers, playing with her tiny hands and I nod my head.

"We'll be a family forever, baby girl." I whisper and she smiles brightly, nuzzling her cheek against my chest.

"You're the best daddy ever!" She whispers and I smile at her words.

"I love you, princess. Always." I say, kissing the top of her curly hair.

"I love you too."

Everything happened so fast.

My baby is gone.

There's no way she escaped that building in time.

I drop to my knees as I stare at the building which has been burnt to the ground. "Lily." I whimper. I bite my lip to stop it from trembling and look at my brother who is looking at the destruction in shock. "Fuck!" I yell.

"Kaden." My sister whispers gently and I brush her off.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I growl out and she steps back, holding her arms up.

"She might of made it out, we don't know for sure if she's......." She doesn't finish the sentence but my heart still clenches.

My daughter could be dead.

Because I couldn't protect her.

Then I think about my wife. This is going to destroy her.

"Where's Aleks?" Ardian questions in panic and I furrow my eyebrows, looking around the area.

"That fucking boy!" I groan in frustration. "He's gone into the fucking building." I clench my hair in frustration and then stand up on shaky legs.

"Shit!" Ardian runs his fingers through his hair, the tattoos on his face makes him look even more lethal right now.

His son is crazy.

"No-one else is going into that building." Elena demands but Ardian just brushes her comment off, taking his suit jacket off and throwing it onto the hood of the car.

I follow his actions, prepared to go into the building to save my little girl.

"Is no-one listening to me?!" Elena shouts and I turn to face her.

"She's my daughter." I tell her and she bites her lip and nods her head.

She looks behind me at the building and her eyes widen in shock. I spin around and see a silhouette, carrying a body walking away from the building.

"Lily!" I rush over to see Aleksio holding my daughter.

"She's not breathing." He whimpers, tears streaming down his face. "I-I don't know what to do."

"Princess." I grab hold of her face and stroke her hair. "Come on, baby. Wake up." I urge. Aleksio places her on the ground and  I begin to give her cpr. "Wake up, you stubborn girl!" I cry.

Blue flashing lights illuminates the area and a bunch of paramedics are rushing over to us.

They begin to speak Russian and I furrow my eyebrows not understanding. My frustration only grows when they try to pull me away from Lily.

Ardian comes over and begins to speak to them.

"Kaden we need to go in the ambulance." Ardian speaks up and I blink and then slowly nod my head.

•••

"How did we let this happen, Kaden?!" My wife cries down the phone and I clench my eyes shut, feeling guilty that I can't comfort her. I'm sat in the waiting room with everyone, the atmosphere is tense and quiet.

"I know baby, I know." I whisper.

"What kind of mother am I?" I bite my lip as she begins to blame herself. "Kaden." She whimpers.

"You're an amazing mother, Ava. This isn't your fault, Angel." I tell her and she sniffles. The doctor walks in and my heart begins to race. "I've got to go, Ava. I'll call you back."

"Okay. I love you." She whispers.

"I love you always." I hang up and stand up to face the doctor.

"How is my daughter?" I gulp and he gives me a tight-lipped smile.

"She's in a coma. We don't know for sure if she'll wake up, she inhaled a lot of smoke and it appears she also had a serious seizure." My heart clenches at his words.

"I want my princess flown home." I demand.

"Kade." Ardian speaks up but I throw him a threatening look.

"I want my girl home and I want a second opinion. I don't care what doctor I have to get on a plane, she's going home."

"Okay, Mr Morello." The doctor nods.

"When can I see her?"

"We just have to do a couple more blood tests and then you can see her." I nod my head and then the doctor leaves. I turn back to Ardian. "Where's Aleks?"

"Outside. He needed fresh air." I nod and make my outside to find him. 

I spot him sat on a bench, he wipes his cheeks and then looks up at the night sky.

"Aleksio." His eyes widen when he spots me and he tries his best to clear his tear stained face. "Can I sit?" He nods his head.

I sit down next to him and stare ahead at the car park. "I'm sorry." He whispers and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I actually came out here to thank you." This time he frowns at my words. "You risked your life to get my girl out of that burning building. I owe you." I run my fingers through my hair and he slowly nods his head.

"How is she?" He croaks.

"She's in a coma but she's a fighter, my Lily. She'll pull through."

"Yeah." Aleksio nods and then we sit in silence.  "Fuck." He groans and holds his head in his hands. A whimper escapes his lips and I sigh, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

He doesn't hesitate to cry and I sigh, trying not to cry with him.

"It's gonna be okay, little man."

A/N
Aw, they're finally getting along lol💗