Chapter 89: Your Weakness

"How's your wound healing?" I asked as I chopped strawberries.

Derek came over and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder as I fed him a strawberry.

"It's fine."

I raised my eyebrows, washing my hands. "Let me see."

He sighed and stepped back, removing the bandage.
The skin was still red and was just starting to scab.

I grabbed a new bandage and grabbed some suave. I gently put a little suave on it and then taped a new bandage over it.

"There, that'll help it from itching. And no scratching it, I mean it."

Derek quickly kissed me. He gently caressed my cheek with his thumb. "Thank you. I know I'll always have you looking out for me."

I softly smiled and he squeezed my hand and snuck another strawberry.

"How's training with Braeden been?" I asked.

He rested his hands on the island and sighed.
"All training on guns.." he sighed.

"You don't like guns."

"She says it's cause I don't know how to use one."

"Or is it because of what you can do with one?"

Derek shrugged.

"Just like us werewolves, we can kill, but when trained we don't have to."

"I need to learn to bend the rules," he added.

I looked at him and he turned and looked at me. "Why don't you train me?"

"Me? I couldn't- I-"

"It could be like old times. Plus you know what it's like to be a werewolf and human."

I stood there and debated it.

"Okay, but first we need to get your mindset right."
I went and placed his gun on the table.

"I learned how to handle firearms when my dad got arrested. Always have it on safety when not in use, and always treat it like it's loaded. Always know how many bullets you have. And always remember the weapon - is always the human. I could knock this out of your hand and the first mistake you could do is run after it. It leaves you open for attack. Did she already go over all this?" I asked, feeling a little foolish.

"Some, keep going," he nodded.

"Another thing, don't think of it as bending the rules. Think that there are no rules. Humans when in a fight have no rules, no holding back. You're use to only using a certain amount of strength but now you have no powers you want to use all the strength. Try disarming me," I said, pointing the gun at him.

He started to disarm me but I smacked his cut.

"Ow!" He said.

"Sorry!" I whispered and gently placed my hand on his bandage and I took the pain away. 

"What was that for?!" He asked, looking like I betrayed him.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and stood on my toes to kiss his cheek.

He looked at me skeptically.

"What did you learn?"

"Not to trust my wife to not re-injure me!" He whined.

I softly giggled.

"No..." I sighed. "People have weaknesses. Learn them and use them against the person to your advantage. Like Scott is his friends and family along with Stiles, but Lydia is also Stiles weakness. They would react better with baiting, ransoms, trade offs. Lydia doesn't know self defense so up close attack would work, Malia goes in quickly, doesn't think two steps ahead-"

"Do you pinpoint everyone's weaknesses?" Derek interrupted.

I stopped. "Yes?... my um... father used that tactic on me as a...lesson."

"Jesse's?" He asked.

"She hates being wrong and she has a herniated disc in her back."

"Peter's?"

"Pride, power, knowledge. Tell him what he wants to hear, you can easily trick him."

"Stilinski's?" He asked crossing his arms and I placed my hands on my hips.

"Stiles. To do the right thing. Convince him he's doing the right thing but actually helping you."

"Braeden's?"

"She focuses and leans more towards her right side when fighting."

"Parrish?"

"Lack of knowledge and he knows it."

"What's my weaknesses?" He asked. "I have some don't I?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Well that injury for one," I started and he nodded. "The kids are one..."

"Go on."

I didn't want to. "I um..."

I slowly thought, would this cause another argument?

"I'm just curious?" He said. "What was the first weakness you saw in me?"

"You favored your right side. You still do. Your family, the fire... the mention of it, stops you in your tracks. The guilt.... grief... love... needing feel like someone cares." I bit my lip.

"You think Jennifer and Kate used that one on me? To blind side me?"

He tapped the table and sighed.

"It's not a bad thing Derek to want to feel that. I know you tried to be distance and cold when I first met you. But it's natural to want someone to be there for you. None of these that I mentioned are bad, it's just people can twist them to lure people- to blind side them- use them."

He sighed and looked at me. "What's yours?"

I shook my head. "You have to figure that out."

He handed me the gun. "Let's try again."

We practiced and each time I managed to point the gun at him.

We started again and he pointed the gun at me and I started to disarm him.

"Your father," he said.

I froze and he disarmed me and tossed the gun to the ground and slid close and twisted my arm behind my back.

"You favor using your legs in an attack, so use up close attacks."

I quickly untwisted and punched at him and he blocked and swung, I ducked and punched him in the chest. He fell to his knee and tried catching his breath, wincing.

"I'm sorry, are you okay Derek?" I quickly fell to my knees, placing my hand on his chest.

He quickly grabbed my hand and twisted me around, wrapping his arm around my neck, holding me close to him.

"Your number one weakness...." he said, breathing hard. "Me," he whispered, kissing my neck.

"How can you possibly know that you're my number one weakness?" I asked.

I felt him gently chuckle, and I sighed. It was a stupid question, cause it was obvious.

He let me go and turned me around.

"I hate you," I said, "you tricked me- I thought I hurt you!"

"There were no rules."

I pursed my lips. "I hate you."

"You love me.."

He cupped my face with his hand and looked at me deeply.

I slowly nodded and he kissed me. He pulled me closer and I wrapped my arms around his neck when his phone rang.

He quickly kissed me one more time before answering. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, watching him on the phone.

His name being on the Deadpool was not even on my mind. I should've been more concerned though.