Chapter 81

James's POV

Riley doesn't object as I drag her out of the cafe and to the truck. We strap in and I start to drive. It's only when were five minutes away from the cafe when Riley speaks.

"What's wrong?" She asks. I sigh and pull over. I turn to look at a very curious Riley.

"I love you, okay?" I say. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with-"

"Riley just listen to me. I love you. That's all you need to know about what just happened." I state strongly. She doesn't look satisfied, but nods.

"Okay. I love you too." She says quietly. I kiss her forehead.

"That's all I needed to hear." I say softy. I start the engine again and begin driving.

••••••••••

I drive back to my place. My whole family was home but I didn't care. If my mom had a problem with Riley there and wants her to leave, than I'm going too.

Riley was still suspicious about what happened with West and I, I can tell, but she hadn't spoken about it.

"Is your mom home?" Riley asks me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Maybe I shouldn't be here." She says, biting her lip.

"Riley, what did I tell you on our way here?" I ask with a sigh.

"That you love me." She replies.

"Exactly. So it doesn't matter about my mom." I tell her.

"If you say so." She sighs.

"Let's go upstairs." I whisper in her ear. I grab her hand and haul her upstairs.

••••••••••

Riley's POV

James flops on the bed. I shyly crawl onto the bed and over to him. I wrap my arms around him and smile.

"James are you...Oh." Jessica says, bursting into the room.

"Hey Jess." James says casually, unwrapping my arms from him and sitting up. I pout.

"Hey Riley." Jessica says, smiling at me with a little wave.

"Hi Jessica." I reply with a small smile.

"So what's up?" James asks.

"Nothing. Mom was just wondering if you were home." She replies.

"Well we are. " James says, putting an arm around me.

"I see. I'll tell her." She says an leaves the room. "Oh, and I sorting out some wedding stuff downstairs, and Ashley's here helping me. Just letting you know."

"Oh, good to know." James says sharply. Jessica leave and James sighs.

"Just great." He mutters.

"Can we just stay up here?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure." James replies.