•Chapter One, Pt.1, Afraid•

{Daichi's POV}
So far todays practice is going great, give or take the occasional small fights between Kageyama and Hinata, and Tsukishima's attitude. However, I can't help but notice Suga's acting a bit off, he looks exhausted, like he hasn't slept in forever. I'll have to ask him about it later, it's concerning really, I care a lot for Suga and-

"Water time's over boys, let's go!" Coach Ukai called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I got up and walked over to the line where Coach Ukai was starting receiving drills. Kiyoko was helping him as per usual.

{3rd POV}
Practice went on as normal but throughout it all, the teams Captain couldn't help but notice his best friends off behaviour. He wasn't as cheery, wasn't as awake, come to think of it, Sugawara was barely awake. He looked like he'd fall asleep at any given moment. So, after practice had ended, everyone changed and cleaned up, Daichi had waited for Sugawara as he did everyday after practice. This time though, he had questions.

{Suga's POV}
I just managed to make my way out of the gym after practice, I can barely keep my eyes open. I didn't sleep at all last night. I can't stop thinking about being left alone for a week. I hate being alone, it's a childish fear I know but it's my worst. Just the thought kept me up all night last night and now-

"Suga! There you are, I was starting to get a little worried you know." Daichi chuckled softly with a smile just as soft.

I joined at his side with a soft smile as we started to walk.

"Sorry, I guess I lost track of time while cleaning up." I tried to laugh it off but barely had the energy to.(A/N, me too man, me too). If anything, I ended up having to hold in a yawn.

Daichi noticed, I could tell he did and I could see he was worried. Was it that obvious I hadn't slept? It isn't really a big deal, it was just one night. Right?

"Suga, are you feeling okay? You look exhausted, like you've barely slept. Did you sleep at all last night?" I sighed, dropping the smile. No, no I didn't sleep, and yes, I'm exhausted. But I don't want him to worry more.

"I'm fine, Daichi, I promise." I took a small breath in, I don't like to lie but if it makes it so he's not worried, I'll let it slide. "Do you think you'd be able to come over today?" I was quick to change the topic, I know he'd push forwards if I didn't.

"Of course."

I smiled again at that as we continued on walking, hopefully having Daichi would distract me. In all honesty, he already distracted me enough, this time it was being put to good use. Just thinking about him, I get butterflies. His voice, his laugh, his smile, everything. His body.. I felt my face heat up a little. I've seen him when we're changing after practice and it's quite a sight, he's toned, really toned. Sometimes I tend to let my mind wander, I imagine what would happen, being pinned up and seeing that, feeling his hot breath against my neck.. wait, what am I thinking?! I felt the blood rush to my face, I knew I was redder than a tomato, I can't be thinking like that, not about my best friend! That's not normal, although, my feelings for him aren't really normal either..

"Suga, are you okay? You're red, are you feeling sick?"

I snapped out of it to see Daichi close, and I mean close, his face was inches away from mine. He put a hand on my forehead and I could've sworn I was ready to faint. I watched as his eyes widened.

"Suga you're burning up, is this why you look so exhausted, are you sick? You know what- come on, we've got to get back to your place so I can get you taken care of."

With that, Daichi took my hand and walked on, I had no choice but to get myself walking as well. I didn't say a word, all I could think about was how his hand felt. It was rough, but in a nice way, it made me feel safe. He makes me feel safe..

{3rd POV}
The two walked all the way back to Sugawara's place. Throughout the entire walk, they both had their thoughts. Daichi being ever so curious about what was wrong with his 'best friend' and Sugawara, trying to figure out how to hide fear along with all his other feelings. However, they both had one similar thought in mind. How nice it felt to be hand in hand.

{Suga's POV}
The second we got in the door I barely had time to get my shoes off before Daichi rushed me over to the couch. I kept telling him I was fine but he wouldn't believe me. He made me sit down and walked into the kitchen.

After a little of waiting and listening to random noises coming from the kitchen, he walked back out with a bottle of medicine, two spoons, and some Miso Soup. He really wasn't going to leave this be, huh?

"Daichi seriously, I'm fi-"

"-You're sick. I'm taking care of you, that's the end of it."

He took a seat at my side and put the Miso Soup down on the coffee table. He poured a spoonful of cold medicine into a spoon and looked at me. He wasn't serious right? I could at least take the medicine myself.

"Open."

I shook my head, not only did I not want to take the medicine, but if it was really necessary, I could at least take it myself.

"Daichi come on, I can do it myself." I went to reach for the spoon but he pulled it back and shook his head.

"Ah ah, you lied to me about being sick, so now I get to do it. If you can't take care of yourself, then I will. Now, open."

He's not going to give up, dammit. I crossed my arms and let out a huff, which he took as me agreeing. He knows me too well. I opened my mouth and the second I tasted that foul liquid, my whole face scrunched up and I shook my head. I heard Daichi laugh, this wasn't funny! It tasted horrible!

"It's not funny, that stuff's yucky.." I stuck my tongue out on instinct, wow, I really feel like a little kid. Daichi only laughed again. It's nice to hear him laugh but this shouldn't be why.

"Well you have to take one more spoonful."

"What?! Why?!" I shook my head again, putting a hand over my mouth. I'm not doing it.

I listened as Daichi sighed and started moving, he was getting closer, what was he, no, no! His hand made its way to my side and I tried to keep my hand over my mouth as he started tickling me. I'm ticklish, very ticklish. So that didn't work well as in seconds I couldn't contain my laughter. Once I had officially let my guard down, Daichi shoved the second spoonful of medicine in my mouth and I stopped laughing, the taste hit me right away. I swallowed the medicine and stuck out my tongue again.

"Hey, that wasn't fair!" I heard him chuckle as he put the bottle and the spoon down, I also seen a slight smirk. Why was this so amusing?? It's not!

"Life's not fair Suga, you have to learn to deal with it." That smirk still remained as he handed me my Miso Soup.

I mumbled a 'whatever' and took the soup, still obviously saying thank you. I watched from the corner of my eye as Daichi got up with the medicine, his response was one that almost made me choke.

"You're welcome, love." Love..? I went a light pink, I looked at Daichi who seemed to have frozen in spot, his back was facing me but I could see embarrassment?

What did he mean.. love?

Word Count: 1400 Words
Authors Note: At the time of finishing this, it's 3:16AM and I think I'll officially say daisuga is my comfort ship, I felt really happy writing this. That's all.