Chapter 4

2 years ago...

Covered in old blood and healing wounds, that female was brought before the doors of Central Command. Scraps of fabric covering the surprisingly health body. No one knew where she come from, nor her past.

She was immediately administered in the infirmary inside the Command. Besides having some wounds still recovering from some deep trauma, nothing seems to cause alarm. When the news reached the Führer, it was declared that she be allowed to join the military.

Still seen as a minor, her nationality has claimed to be Amestrian and had to be given a guardian. While not many in the military wanted to take in a teenager, Führer Bradley accepted her into his family. While she never took the Bradley name, she was able to keep the only thing that belonged to her.

Louise Lessex. It was all she had left.

The train had stopped at a small country station. It only had one platform and seemed to be filled with life from the green plants. Fullmetal finally woke up, yawning and stretching his body. The air feeling cool as the atmosphere gave a sense of relaxation. Till Major Armstrong leaned over Edward and started to yellat someone. His words seeming urgent and surprised.

"Friend of yours?" Edward asked.

"A man from central. He's a talented alchemist who was studying on how to apply alchemy into medical applications. Though after the Ishval civil war, he disappeared."

"Let's go then."

The blonde then ran off. Causing both alchemists to gather their belongs and Al. Louise held the luggage and Armstrong carried the younger brother. Good thing they still had time to depart.

"Excuse me? Have you seen this man?"

A well drawn picture of the doctor appeared before their eyes.

"Wow, you can really draw portraits." Spoke an impressed Elric.

"It's been passed down the Armstrong family for generations."

The local took a look and replied, "Looks like Dr. Mauro to me."

"Mauro?"

Walking around to serval other locals, each one had a story about how this Doctor helped them become healther through the use of alchemy. Each one sounding grateful for having such a wonderful medcial personal. One man was able to give directions as to where to find this alchemist.

"I hope we don't miss the next train. We still have a few more hours to go."

"This is it." Announced Fullmetal.

First knocking, then moved to open the door. Louise managed to kick Edward to the side before a shot rung out between them. He certainly doesn't make this job easy. "I am certain a man in hiding wouldn't be happy to see us."

Then Dr. Marcoh started to demand answers from us, scared that he might punished for abandoning the war. Haunted by the nightmares, possibly.

Then poor Alphonse was thrown at the nervous doctor, causing the older brother to worry about his well being. Lessex only took care of herself, never being stressed by another individual's health. Though this assignment was Mustang's fault.

"Why don't you wait outside Blind?" Major suggested.

A slightly agitated look crossed her face. Still not taking the codename seriously, she huffed.

"I would prefer it if you called me something else. Loulou, if you must. I shall be outside."

With that, she walked outside and sat down on the stone stairs. If killing the Führer was allowed, Louise would gladly take it. A stupid name like that will only complicate any future missions.

"Loulou, what a mess. Now I won't be taken seriously."

At the bottom of the stairs, Louise watched the two males leave the home with a different tone. Edward seemingly the most effected. Walking behind them, she could've sworn that someone whispered 'loulou'. No energy left inside, she didn't want to press her nose where it might not belong.

There was small talk between the two males and an agreement that she had to partake. There is no doctor here besides Mauro, there never was anyone else. As the train approached and slowed down,  her focus stayed away from them. The small town didn't present any dangers, no need to stay alert.

Opting to instead, find seats and a place to set Alphonse for the rest of the ride. No sleep was now finally taking it's toll, she hated it. Sleeping late was nothing new, it's part of her life and gave her much needed selfcare time. Though, the cost was being tired throughout the day and losing sense of focus.

"What does the note say brother?"

"National Central Library, First Branch."

No one dared to move the female alchemist. Having a whole seat to herself, the Major stating that he hasn't seen her sleep yet. Probably to keep up with this bodyguard task. So they sat across the aisle to keep an eye on her.

"So, she hates her nickname. What was the one she suggested?"

"I believe it was Loulou."

A shiver rocked her sleeping figure. As if something horrible was being done with that embarrassing information. It wasn't the best to bring forth such a casual name. It was bad enough hearing Mustang's voice forcing back a chuckle.

"That's a very casual name to go by. Though I don't blame her, what kind of name is Blind?"

"There should be nothing for her to be ashamed by. From what I understand, she was just recently promoted from private. She says that she has been stationed at Central command but, we never crossed paths."

"Huh."