Chapter 3- Paige

Shoutout to NightShadess for first vote on chapter 2! Thanks it means a lot!

"Hermione?" I called to the deserted library. "Are you in here?"

I heard a rustling in the restricted section. "Mia, it's Paige."

I came around the corner to see Hermione sifting through a pile of books. She looked up suddenly as if I had startled her. "Paige! Wha-what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same. Isn't this the restricted section?"

She blushed and stammered some story about how she was looking for a book about potions that she had wanted to read for a long time, but it was in the restricted section, blah, blah, blah.

"Please don't tell." She begged.

"No worries. "

"Thanks a ton."

I smiled. "What are friends for?" It was true. Hermione and I had been friends since 2nd year when I transferred to Hogwarts.

My eyes scanned the restricted section, eager to uncover what magical secrets were kept hidden from us. Disappointed, I sighed.

"Not what you were expecting?" questioned Hermione.

Absentmindedly, I shook my head.

"Yes, well it mainly consists of books of old magic..." Not really listening, I walked towards the back of the restricted section. A short, dusty bookshelf caught my eye. The books that sat on it looked as if they could've belonged to Dumbledore's great grandfather.

Almost in a trance I walked to it. I blew dust away and pulled out a red, leather bound book.

Somewhere behind me Hermione called my name, asking me a question.

As I examined the book, which appeared to be a diary, a wink in the corner of my eye made me look up. Turning me head, I saw in the bookshelf, a rusted candle holder that had once been hidden by the red diary.

"PAIGE." Hermione desperately attempted to get my attention. "What are you doing?"

I reached for the handle and as my fingers met its cool surface, I felt a sickening twisting sensation in my stomach.

My last thought as i was pulled into darkness: Portkey.