Smile

Warning for anime watchers
Mini spoiler alert

Ever since the loss of her elder sister Kanae, Kochou Shinobu changed her personality.

It was the exact same as her elder sister.

Always smiling, always gentle. It was like a mirror, but deep within Shinobu lies a deep wrath of anger, pain and hatred.

No one really seemed to notice that her smile wasn't a real one. They love her smile, and yet they didn't know what lies deep beneath it.
(This is before Tanjiro and gang becoming slayers)

As years have gone by, her urge to avenge her sister grew.

Shinobu then invented many different types of stronger poison. Knowing that she couldn't decapitate the head of a demon, she tried using stronger poison. However,as she calculated the strength of an upper moon and her poison, it seems the poison wouldn't really weakened the demon much. She finally decided that the only way to defeat this demon is to contain the poison inside her body and let the demon eat her.

Shinobu was walking back to her room in the butterfly estate when she saw a certain half and half haori standing at the door with a wound on his forehead.

"Ara ara~ Tomioka-san? What happened?"

"......I got cut......"

"Oh...alright! Come follow me, I'll treat your wound!"

They went in to the room, Giyuu sat down as Shinobu went to take her medical equipment.
She took some cotton and antiseptic and gently dabbed on the wound.

"I never knew you would be this clumsy Tomioka-san......Were you distracted or something? Oh! Were you thinking of someone?" Shinobu teased.

Giyuu said nothing,but a faint blush appeared on both his cheeks.

"ARA? So I was right! Who is that lucky lady, hm?" Shinobu felt a small pain in her.

"Its probably because of the poison..." She smiled, trying to hide her pain expression.

Giyuu still said nothing,the blush growing to a slightly deeper shade of red but his face still remained emotionless.

"Tomioka-san...its rude to ignore people when they ask you a question you know?" A vein popped on her forehead, signifying her frustration but she still smiled.

"Ok! Done! Be more careful in the future, Tomioka-san! I won't always be around to treat you, ok?" She muttered the last sentence, hoping Giyuu wouldn't hear it.

"Heh...even if he did, he wouldn't care anyway..."

Giyuu stopped walking for a moment, he heard it, he was tensed up but he continued walking away.

She couldn't sleep a wink. Shinobu tossed and turned around, her mind was filled with her thoughts.

She decided to go outside and take a breather. She went outside and on to the roof. She sat down and gazed at the moon.

Knowing she was alone,she shed a tear or two, she misses her sister and she plans to avenge her.

She knows she won't be able to see the moon for long, so she decided to do so while she was still alive.

The silence and peace actually comforts her, slowly, she let more and more tears drip down her face.

"Kochou,are you ok?"

Shinobu jumped and noticed Giyuu was sitting beside her.

His expressionless face was facing her but his eyes show that he was worried.