Chapter 8: Alphys!

(Slight warning for this chapter: Mentions of kidnapping and violence. Also here's a cute pic of Blue to prepare you for this chapter! <3)

You awoke in a slight panic when you didn't immediately recognize the room around you. It wasn't until everything from the past few days caught up with you that you settled back down on the couch.

You looked around, a little surprised to see Blue standing beside you with his head tilted as he watched you. You would have thought it was unsettling if it wasn't for the amount of concern he held on his face.

"Heh, you alright Blue?" you asked calmly as you moved to a sitting position. He seemed to snap out of whatever he was thinking because he jumped a little in excitement and his smile grew wider when you said his name.

"YES, I AM ALRIGHT HUMAN Y/N... A-Are You Okay?" He asked, pausing to lower his voice slightly. You pat the side of the couch invitingly so that he would sit down next to you. He hesitated a moment before moving to do so, making sure to give you your personal space, which you appreciated. You gave him a gentle smile.

"I'm okay, thank you Blue. Uh, why do you ask?" You questioned. He looked down a little and started to play with his phalanges. You noticed it seemed to be a nervous gesture, so you reached for one of his hands and held it in between your own. It was odd how his hand was about the same size as your own, while the others' hands were much larger. His hand also gave off warmth, much like a human hand would. It was kind of odd, but you liked it, and it made you wonder how he was warm when he didn't have skin. You would have asked, but you assumed his answer would be something along the lines of 'Magic', or that he honestly didn't know, that seemed like something Stretch or Sans would know. 'Maybe I should ask one of them...'

He looked up in mild shock, so you gave him another friendly smile. You smiled wider when you saw the bright blue blush creep up on his cheekbones.

"You Were Speaking In Your Sleep." He explained before pausing and looking down at your interlocked hands. "I... Was Watching You..." He whispered as softly as he could. It took you a moment to process what he had said, watching you? What did that mean? And for how long? You kind of wanted to be creeped out, but he didn't look like he had done it on purpose... right?

"You watched me?" You asked, giving a slight laugh at the end to try to keep the mood light and to make sure he knew you weren't mad. His blush increased tenfold as he looked back up at you with widened sockets.

"N-NOT FOR VERY LONG! I WAS SIMPLY COMING TO WAKE YOU UP FOR LUNCH, BUT YOU WERE SO PEACEFUL... A-AND THEN WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO WAKE YOU UP YOU STARTED MUMBLING ABOUT SOMETHING IN YOUR SLEEP," He paused for a moment before looking away nervously. "You Were A-Asking Not To Hurt You..." He stuttered out.

You paled at his words, but it didn't look like he had noticed. He shifted in place and spared a glance at you again when you hadn't said anything. You squeezed his hand gently and took a few breaths to ground yourself. He looked back at you with the same nervous eye lights as before, and for a second you could have sworn he looked like her was searching for something in your expression, but you forced on a smile which seemed to calm him down slightly.

"I'm okay..." You reassured him, "that's kinda weird though... I don't normally speak when I'm sleeping, and I didn't have any dreams so I don't know what I would have been saying." You sighed and shrugged before forcing yourself to send him what you hoped looked like an encouraging smile, "Oh well, that's okay. You said that lunch was ready? Cause I am starving!"

He smiled and jumped off the couch hesitating only for a moment, before quickly leading you into the kitchen and setting you down next to him and Stretch. The rest of the boys who had been talking in low whispers quickly went quiet when you appeared, which made you curious, but when no one said anything you just shrugged and decided not to dig any further. They had their secrets and it wasn't like you needed to know everything anyway, but you would be lying if you said you weren't curious. You couldn't wait to ask them questions! If they allowed you to, that is.