Chapter 5: Someone Please Explain?

The light streaking in from the windows was what woke you up the next morning. It was so peaceful and quiet that you had to take a moment to remember what had happened last night.

You opened your eyes hesitantly half expecting yourself you wake up in your bed, but when you looked around you noticed you were wrapped in a large blue fluffy blanket, being cradled in Axe's arms. He was passed out, his head leaning back against the cushion as he softly snored.

You sat up softly, trying your best not to bother his sleeping. Next to him was his brother, who had his head nestled into the side of his arm, similar to how a child would sleep. On the other side of you was sans, who had a pillow on his knee to help support your head. He slept similarly to Axe, His feet were flat on the ground, but his arm was lazily holding his head up against the armrest.

You could see Papyrus's skull poke up from the other side of the armrest, indicating he must have fallen asleep leaning against it. On the floor, you could see Stretch laying on his back snoring, with one knee up in the air, and his other leg laying flat of the floor. His brother was laying next to him laying in the fetal position, snuggling a pillow.

Serif was at the bottom of Stretch's feet, he was laying on his side facing toward you, his brother was leaning against the couch. They both let out soft snores as they slept. Black was sleeping on the couch to the left on his stomach, his mouth was hanging open slightly as he snored, and his arm was hanging off the couch. Mutt was at the opposite end with his head leaning against a pillow, and his feet on the floor, fast asleep.

Red was on the couch that was pushed against the windows. He was sprawled out on the couch, similar to Black, snoring loudly. Edge, on the other hand, was awake reading a book on the side of Red.

It took you a moment to notice that not one of them seemed to have changed since yesterday, nor did they look like they had left your side since everything that had happened. The only one that was missing was Dusty, but after you unwrapped yourself from the blanket, and Axe's arms and managed to move around Stretch, Blue, and Serif without waking them, you saw Dusty passed out behind the couch, with the dirty pink blanket you had previously been using when he took you the day before. You could even see his papyrus sleeping against his shoulder.

You smiled at the thought of them, before looking back at Edge, who was eyeing you curiously. You gave him a small smile and a wave, before making your way to the bathroom.

When you were done with your business, you went to wash your hands, noticing the new bandages that were lightly covered the palm of your hand, and down to your elbow. You hadn't noticed it at first because of your sweatshirt sleeve being pulled down. You were about to unwrap it but decided not to, and just washed the tips of your fingers on that hand, as not to get the wrappings wet.

You exited the bathroom, making your way to the kitchen, ignoring the area that had been the site of your anxiety attack. You wandered over to the cabinet, hoping to find a cup so you could get some water from the sink, in the back of your mind you felt guilty for not asking if you could get some, but they had all been sleeping so soundly that you didn't want to wake them.

You opened the cabinet, spotting a glass and grabbing, and filling it up with water by the sink. You had just taken a sip when there was the sound of movement behind you causing you to jump.

"Human." When you turned around Edge was standing in the doorway that connected the dining room to the kitchen. You hadn't heard him come in. How was he so quiet? You looked down at your glass of water and felt your cheeks heat up. Was he mad that you had gotten yourself water?

"S-sorry, I was j-just really thirsty," You muttered out, not looking up at him. He was suddenly in front of you, about to reach for your arm before he seemed to think better of it. He stood tall with his arms crossed, showing off his superiority, as he towered over you with his 6'3". You felt a rush of unease and backed away from him, bumping against the countertop.