🎬 A Weekend with @neomanuisarang 🎬

🌞🌞🌞

First of all I want to thank them for taking time out of their busy schedules for an interview!

Thank you for being an amazing & valued team member throughout 2019 (our foundation year of the community).

You were an incredible addition to the team, neomanuisarang 💛🌞

Let's start!

🌞🌞🌞

📌 Questions:

🌻 1.  How did you discover Wattpad? And when?

I discovered Wattpad years ago when Harry Potter fanfiction was all the rage. I didn't read much of those myself, but my cousin did. I knew Wattpad existed-- I was just on another fanfiction writing site more.

🌻 2.  What is your experience so far on Wattpad?

I like to tailor my Wattpad searches. I'm very picky with books I read, so I brought that onto Wattpad as well. But overall, I think Wattpad is a great place to find new stories.

🌻 3. Why did you start writing in the first place? What age did you discover your love for it?

I remember writing poems and short stories about fairies in grade school. I had quite the imagination back then.

🌻 4. Where do you get inspiration for your stories? Do you read other books or watch shows in the same genre?

I've always been a reader, even when I was a kid. It helped me expand my imagination, and reading made me ask questions.

🌻 5.  How do you select the names of your characters? Do you dream them up or do you believe character names must have a deeper meaning?

I like researching meaningful names. I suppose it's another, subtler way of telling the story of each character, and how they interact with my world.

🌻 6.  Can you tell me one example? One name with a deep meaning and what is the meaning behind it?

In my current story, The Nox Boys, one of them is named Dahan. "Dahan" is a word in Filipino which means "slow", which serves as an irony-- his special ability is super speed.

🌻 7.     What does your writing process look like? Do you do research before writing or do you just write your story as you go along?

Most times I start with a prompt, and I go crazy with it. But the longer a particular piece becomes, the more compelled I am to build the world around it. Then, I research and ask worldbuilding questions.

🌻 8.  Do you write on paper, mobile or your computer? And why this method?

I write better on my computer because my typing speed can match my mind. Sometimes I write on paper when I need to give my eyes a break from the glare, but only when I have a scene or a note I just absolutely have to write down so I don't forget it.

🌻 9.  What period of life do you write about most often? (child/teen/young adult/mature) & Why?

Mostly teenager to young adult. I'm a YA myself, and I write to somehow make sense of what I've been through as a teen, and my few years so far as a young adult. It's not that I know these ages well; it's more of, I want to understand them more.