Chapter 9

As he ordered the food, I gave up and got back to the car.

"This guy has freaking nerves...!" I growled as I went back to my seat, turning on the radio to ease the mood a little bit.

After around ten minutes, Leon came back, a huge bag in hand.

"You sure you're gonna eat all of this?"

I frowned, almost amused.

"Are you telling me I'm fat because I eat a lot?" I replied, almost daring him to respond positively.

He just let out a small sigh.

"Of course not. You know what I meant."

I almost smiled, finding his response almost charming.

As he handed me the food I asked for, I silently thanked him as he silently gazed through the window.

----------------

"So? What happened after? Did you two...?" Ashley asked as I took another sip of tea, making me almost choke on it.

"Of course not! I was still in the middle of recovery, and..." I began to explain, still trying to remember this odd scene from a week ago.

She pouted, giving me one of these looks that pretty much meant "I don't get it".

I just wanted to think about something else than Leon, for a minute, as I needed to look for a new home.

"Anyway, sorry to ask once again, but..." I began, a bit hesitant.

She sighed.

"Yeah, don't worry, I've got it. Why'd you ask for it anyway? It seems pretty..."

I raised my shoulders as she started to look for something on her bookshelf.

"I just want to know the truth. I know everyone here has been hiding something from me, but I can't even figure out why, as nobody answers my questions."

She frowned.

"Come on, we both know this "Everyone" refers to Leon. Still, I wonder why he didn't tell you what was in that envelope."

Did she... read it, too? 

As my heart began to race, she finally handed me what I had asked for. 

I sighed as I put it in front of me, on the table, deciding whether I should open it or not.

"What's gonna happen if I open it?" I asked as she crossed her arms.

She put her hands on her hips, forcing a huge smile.

"Call me when you're done, right?!"

I sighed as she left the room, leaving me alone with her dog, a Yorkshire named Lily, who was sleeping with her tail sinking in her water bowl.

I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. 

In it, I found multiple documents. I checked on the first one. 

"Rescue mission debriefing.

File #2: "Lucia"

During my mission, I ended up encountering two civilians: one was a man named Luis Sera, whom I mentioned in the other report, and a girl named Lucia.

She presented herself as a twenty old girl, who had been residing here since she was little.

From the beginning, it was logical to say something was odd with her identity, as she kept silent whenever I tried to learn more about her and her past. After bringing her to the United States and talking with the psychologist who had been assigned to her, I discovered that she had been dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, which had led to partial amnesia and mostly, intense anxiety.