Chapter 15

Beatrice's POV

"Kevin focus! You're never gonna understand this if you don't focus!" I snapped. This kid could really piss me off at times. It's been a week since we got back from camp, and since that Seth and Sam incident.

We're back to our normal selves; me being stuck with Kevin everyday during school, and Kevin trying to annoy me to death. We've been fighting, but not as bad as before. That trip really showed me a different side of him. He's not all that bad; he's actually fun to be with...when you're not tutoring him.

"You can't blame. I hate math. What the hell am I going to use algebra II for in life huh?" He does have a point there...Snap out of it Beatrice. Your job is to tutor him!

"Will you shut up and just pay attention! Try and finish this, you're gonna fail that class soon."

"If I finish this...will you buy me a milkshake?" he asked with a pout.

"Aghh. You're such a kid. FINE! Finish everything and we'll go out." He looked down at his paper smiling and started writing...not even asking for any help. Did he just trick me?

He looked up at me and smirked. "You know, I kind of like math."

I stared at him dumbfounded. "What? What do you mean you like math? You're failing..."

His smirk got even wider. "Yeah, that's because I choose NOT to do the work. I understand everything, I just...don't like doing work."

I stared at him for awhile and stood up.

He looked up and said, "Where are you going?"

I walked over to him and smacked him behind his head. "What was that for?" he asked while rubbing his head.

"For being an idiot! You made me explain that long process to you 5 times!" I glared at him and he chuckled.

"Sorry. You just looked cute when you're mad."

"Finish your work." I said walking away.

"Where are you going again?" he asked.

"Away from you." No, I wasn't really leaving him. I just had to use the restroom.

"What? I said I was sorry." he said getting up. He grabbed my hand and spun me around. "I was just kidding. Sorry, I'll finish my work now." he continued to babble. I couldn't take it any longer and I started to laugh at him. He scrunched his eyebrows together and stared at me confusingly.

"Yo-you-you're fa-face!" I said clutching my hand. I stopped laughing and looked at him. "You're face. So funny!" He glared at me and then walked back to his seat continuing his work. I started walking out the library door into the hallway towards the restroom.

I got to the restroom and did my business. I went to the sink and washed my hands and fixed my hair afterwards. I pulled my glasses out of my purse and took my contacts out and used my glasses. "Agh. Much better!"

I started using contacts since Seth came. He said I look better in them, but I like my glasses better. Thinking about it, thanks to Seth, I look a little better. I dress better now...I guess. I'm not always hiding under my hoodie and sweatpants. Seth, Chris, and Kevin dragged me to the mall and rearranged my walk in closet. Well, Seth and Chris picked most of the clothes, and Kevin glared at the guys we passed by. I don't know, he could be a little to..over protective?

I was walking towards the library when I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Chris.

"Hey! What are you doing out here?" I asked him.

"Heading to field. My teacher isn't here, so I'll just head over there and run laps or something."

"Oh. Well, I'll see you later I guess. You're still coming to my place right?" I asked.

"I don't know. I ugh...have a date tonight." he said scratching the back of his neck.

I looked down at the floor disappointed. "Oh, okay. I'll just hang out with Seth then." I said walking away.

"Or, I'll see if—"I cut him off before he could even finish his sentence.

"No, really it's okay. We can hang out another time. Um, I'll see you later. I need to check on Kev." I walked away from him and headed towards the library.

Ever since camp, he's been acting really weird lately. I don't understand him. I feel like he's pushing me away or something. He's been on 'player mode' again. I've seen him with 3 different girls this entire week. I'm not jealous or anything, but I just miss my best friend.

I got to the library and sat next to Kevin. He turned around to look at me and stared at me for awhile.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

I nodded my head and smiled. "Yeah, just tired I guess." I lied.

"You don't need to lie you know. What's up?" he asked, not believing my lie.

"Do you know what's up with Chris?" I blurted out.

He looked at me confused and said, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I feel like he's been avoiding me since that trip."

"Why would he?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

"Did you finish?"

He smiled and nodded his head. "Yuppp." he said popping the 'p'. "Let's go! You're getting me a milk shake."

We both laughed and walked towards the library door. We got out and walked past the student parking lot.

"Why don't we just drive there?" Kevin asked.

"Kevin! Save gas. AND we're walking across the street. Why do you need to drive across the street?" I asked him.

"No way are we going back to that Sweets 'n Treats again." he said.

I laughed at him and asked, "Where we going then? We can't go to the mall. It'll take us forever to get there."

"There's another ice cream shop I know...with girl servers." he said while wiggling his eyebrows.

I smacked his head again and chuckled. "Let's go before I change my mind."

"Oh. Sorry. To the ice cream shop." he said. I laughed as he ran to his car. He really is a kid. He opened the door for me and I got in. A sweet kid..at times.

Chris' POV

I know I said that I'd back off, but being with Trish makes things harder. I've been avoiding her for the past week. It's hard, but for her I'll do anything. I know she denies having any feelings for Kevin, but I see the way she looks at him whenever he's near a girl.

My train of taught is interrupted when I feel my phone vibrating. I pull it out of my pocket and swipe the screen. It read '1 New Message'

I opened the message and it was from Becca, girl #3 of the week.

'Hey, excited for tonight. Meet you there at 7.' I stared at my phone and replied back.

'Yeah. See you there.' I pressed the home button and the picture of Trish and I popped up; my wallpaper.

I stared at the picture for awhile. I locked my phone and dropped it in my pocket. I continued to run around the track. I looked at the student parking lot and saw Trish and Kevin getting into his car.

She's my best friend. That's all she wants to be...best friends.

Don't forget to comment and vote! 

This story has NOT been edited yet, so there will be mistakes. Don't mind it :3 I'll edit as soon as I have time.