Ghost Skills Chapter 27

The three of us walked outside, to be greeted by a sea of blue. Twenty seven men, each of which wore either a blue bandanna, shirt, or something of the sort. One of the men who waited sat on the hood of Vega's Cadillac, an RPG in his hands, a cigarette in his mouth.

“This is my boy Rob,” Said Vega. “He handled everything after Sanchez bit it, while I was still... Out. ”

I smirked at that and questioned Rob gesturing toward the RPG. “You know how to use that thing?”

He pulled the cigarette from his mouth. “Yea.”

He replaced the cigarette, and sat staring me down. I burst into laughter, holding my ribs. Once I could breathe again I turned to Vega. “He's real eloquent isn't he?”

Vega and twenty seven men all glared at me, then I felt Melissa's hand rest on my shoulder. She came forward into my ear and started whispering. “They all know who you are Daniel. They know how many of their friends and brothers you killed.”

I raised my voice to be heard by every one of the men in the parking lot. “Yes, I'm Ghost. Yes, I killed more than my share of Crips. But Vega and I have entered into a partnership for this mission, to rid this city of a man that screwed both me and the Crips over. Now Vega admits that he cannot plan this as well as I can. So any man not willing to take orders from me, step up!”

No one moved. “Good. Now lets get down to business. Rob, Vega, Melissa and I ride in that Hummer,” I said, pointing to a black one that sat close to the door. I scanned the crowd and noticed a short man wielding a heavy machine gun, while the six foot six inch monster of a man next to him held a small Mp5. I rolled my eyes before calling out once more. “Now everyone bring me their weapons.”

For the next two hours I divided weapons and filled everyone in on the plan. Finally ready, we all piled into our respective vehicles, surely making quite a scene as our convoy made its way toward the freeway.

Once Rob turned onto the entrance ramp, Vega turned in the front seat and opened the center console, and pulled out his 9mm. He thumbed the lever, making the clip slip out of his pistol and checked the ammunition, then slid the clip home and pushing the gun into his chest, cocked back the slide.

He pulled it away from his body and I heard the round slipping into the chamber. “I can't wait to put a bullet between Neal's eyes,” he said, looking down the sights of the gun.

I scoffed from the backseat. “Who said you get to kill him?”

It took him a moment to choose his words. “I lost my hand, and a large portion of my business because of him. I deserve to kill him.”

I waited until I had calmed myself down before speaking. “He trained me to be what I am Vega. You think I enjoy being like this? I know how to do nothing but maim and kill, and it's all because of him. No one, anywhere, can understand that. I lost Haley, because of both of you. I even lost my humanity for awhile, because of what he turned me into. I get the kill, and it's as simple as that.”

He turned in his seat, until his eyes met mine. “But-”

Melissa cut him off quickly. “You're both going in from different directions. How about whoever gets to him first gets to kill him?”

He and I had never broke our gaze while she spoke, but both nodded at that.

There is no way he is getting to him first.

Cortez ran a hand through his hair. Pacing back and forth in the empty bathroom, to anyone that might walk in he looked torn. Finally after a few minutes, he pulled out his cell phone and pressed the number 2 speed dial. It rang a few times before she answered.