Chapter Five

Kopa blinked to see Vitani pinning Asante to the ground, snarling.
   "Get off of me!" Asante spat.
   "Drop dead, hyena!" Vitani hissed in reply.
   "Vitani, wait," Kopa said. He sidled up to her. "Asante wasn't harming us. We're in her territory, actually."
   Vitani gazed at Kopa, her front paws still on Asante's chest to hold her to the ground. "Hyenas don't deserve their own territory," She snarled, her beautiful violet eyes clouded with aggression.
   "Um, little sister, maybe you should let Asante go before—" Nuka began to Vitani, but was cut off when all six of them suddenly heard a growl behind them.
   Kopa, Nuka, Cody, and Chel all whipped around to see Simba standing there with Nala and a few other angry lionesses. Zira wasn't far behind.
   Gasping, Vitani backed off of Asante and stared in shock at the adult lions that had suddenly arrived at the Elephant Graveyard.
   "Dad, I can explain!" Kopa told Simba.
   "Who's this?" Simba demanded, looking at Asante, who was trembling in fear.
   "She's just a hyena we stumbled across, sir," Cody told Simba, shaking.
   "Why are you cubs even here?" Nala asked crossly. "It's very dangerous. Do you know how many hyenas roam these areas?"
   The other lionesses were growling at Asante—and growling in dismay at their cubs. Kopa still couldn't smell any adult hyenas coming, luckily.
   "You," Simba hissed, looking at Asante. "Go away. Don't ever talk to these cubs again."
   Terrified, Asante nodded and whirled around and took off, frantically scrambling away, disappearing in the foggy distance.
   "Come on." Simba glared at the cubs. "We're going home now."