1109

In The End, To Do Something for Da Shun Once More

The information brought over by Zong Sui’s prince Li Kun caused the Sixth Prince Xuan Tianfeng, Seventh Prince Xuan Tianhua and the Ninth Prince Xuan Tianming to finally sit together and have a serious discussion. This was a discussion they had no choice but to have after more than 10 days of searching for Xuan Tianmo in secret and yielding no results.

The changes in Zong Sui’s imperial palace, their intentions to betray Da Shun; the disappearance of the Eighth Prince, the suspects being the people under Zong Sui’s princess infiltrating into Da Shun and disguising as Feng Yuheng and Xuan Tianming; Xiao Bao leaving the hunting grounds and being abducted by people on the way, the Fifth Prince had searched for a few days and did not find him. The three day deadline which he promised Fendai had long passed, he currently did not have any face to meet Fendai.

All of this indicated that the changes in Zong Sui’s imperial palace were already affecting Da Shun, and it was the other party would initiated this, with Da Shun being passive, they were already attacked until they did not know what to do. They could not allow Zong Sui to continue causing trouble like this, a huge battle was imminent.

The trio discussed from noon until evening, even their dinner was casually settled in Heavenly Hall with one bowl of noodles each. Finally, Xuan Tianming said: “I should be the one going after all! For the four countries at the border, Zong Sui is the last trouble and would have to be eradicated sooner or later. There is no such thing as peace for more than a hundred years in this world. For chaos to occur in our generation, there is nothing we can do about it. However, sending troops to Zong Sui is not for the sake of helping that Li Kun, once that place is defeated, Da Shun needs to take over, otherwise, the same crisis will happen again sooner or later, we cannot leave a disease for our children and grandchildren.”

At this, the Sixth Prince and Seventh Prince did not have any opposing opinion, it was just that when they heard that Xuan Tianming was going out to battle again, the pair frowned very deeply. The Sixth Prince said: “Over these years, it was always Ninth Brother who led the soldiers to battle outside, and you even sustained heavy injuries at the northwest in the past. Even though you recovered splendidly with younger Sister-in-law’s help, but thinking about it now, us as older brothers really owe you too much.”

Xuan Tianming waved his hand in dismissal, “We are a family and should not act like strangers, who told us to have the last name of Xuan, and who allowed the ancestors of Da Shun to set the rule that the military powers must be held in the hands of our family. To the point that even though General Ping Nan also defended the southern border many years ago, in reality, those soldiers were still under the control of the imperial family and even the military tally was held in the hands of the old man.” He showed a troubled smile as he spoke, “It is hard to imagine, it is difficult to encounter a rebellion of the ministers even within a few hundred years, but princes fighting for power is something which is happening constantly.”

The Sixth Prince still felt that he could not let it slide, “But it cannot be you all the time.”

Xuan Tianming could not help but laugh, “If it’s not me, then will it be you? Forget it, Sixth Brother, you should wait until I defeat Zong Sui, then you can build more schools over there to have the people of Zong Sui learn our Da Shun’s books.”

The Sixth Prince laughed as well, looking at this Ninth Brother helplessly, he did not know if it was because the husband and wife have lived together for a long time, but he felt that Xuan Tianming and Feng Yuheng started to resemble each other more, they gave off the same air, spoke the same way and even that arrogance and unrestrained personality was the same. He really envied them.