1028

Invitation

The Imperial Palace was in lock-down. Other than opening up during morning court session, there were no other summons during the rest of the day, and no one was allowed to enter. For the ministers who have ended the morning court session, those who have duties would handle them at the Administration Hall. For those who do not, as long as they leave the palace gates, they could forget about returning to the palace that day. Even the princes were no exception, seeing their Imperial Concubine Mothers in the harem could only be a fantasy.

For these things, Xuan Tianyi have already heard about them on the way back to the capital, but he did not believe them at all. Based on what he understood about the Emperor, this was impossible. With that Emperor’s personality, he was anxious for his sons to enter the palace to see him the whole day. Though he had good sons, bad sons, and all of them had their own secrets, as a parent, he looked forward to having a harmonious family and was happiest seeing his children and grandchildren gathered together. Therefore, Xuan Tianyi ignored his servants’ reports about the Imperial Palace and rode straight for Deyang Gate on his horse.

However, the palace gate which was tightly shut during the day stopped him in his tracks outside of the Imperial Palace.

With the deep frown, Xuan Tianyi looked at the large doors in front of him. Sitting on his horse, he listened to the announcement made by the palace guard below him: “The hours of the morning court session is over, the lock-down of the palace has begun. If Fourth Prince wishes to enter the palace, please enter tomorrow morning during the morning court session.”

He looked down at those palace guards. They were unfamiliar faces and looked very arrogant, acting as if they were better than him, a prince. In fact, after saying these words, another palace guard added on: “Fourth Prince, please go back!”

He flared up and really wanted to copy Xuan Tianming, waving his whip to deliver a lashing to these worthless idiots. Unfortunately, he did not have Xuan Tianming’s level of power. He never did in the past, and it was even more so now. He was still a prince, but he lost his right to the throne. In addition to his dark history of participating in Old Third’s overthrowing of the Emperor, his position in the capital had dropped drastically. If not for the fact that he had a big heart, he would have died a long time ago.

But in the end, there were some questions he could not hold in, he asked the two palace guards: “Why is there a palace lock-down? Who issued this order?”

One of them said: “Answering Fourth Prince, the order for the palace lock-down was issued by the Emperor. As for the reason, please forgive this servant for not daring to question the imperial order.”

“Imperial Order?” Xuan Tianyi scoffed coldly, “I’m afraid it’s not an Imperial Order, but the intentions of your Master?”

The palace guard replied smoothly: “This Servant guards the palace, the Emperor would be our Master, this is naturally the intentions of the Emperor.”

“Hmph!” Xuan Tianyi did not plan to say any more to these servants, flicked his horsewhip and left while kicking up some snow: “Forget it, I’ll come again tomorrow.”

Staring at Xuan Tianyi’s horse running off into the distance, the two palace guards guarding the gate looked at each other and saw scorn in each other’s eyes. One of them said: “He is just a prince stripped of his power, how can he come here and act so high and mighty?”