Chapter 9:

That face...

The way the eyebrows raised in confusion, the frown, the titled head.

He knew he fucked up.

"Joey?" Samantha asked looking at Corey, Sid and Paul who Joey also invited

"Hi." He smiled awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"I thought it was just going to be us." She said. She sounded slightly hurt.

Sid looked at Joey but of course Joey didnt tell the truth

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I thought you told me to invite people." Joey said dramatically

She sighed "no. No its okay I guess, the more the merrier." She looked at corey "you're in my science class right?"

Corey nodded.

"Hi, in Samantha." she smiled sweetly.

That killed joey, she was really sweet too. He was an asshole.

"Hi, corey." He smiled shaking her hand.

She giggled as she looked at him "I dig the Metallica shirt."

"Thank you!" He said "they are a good band. They are consistent. Kick ass."

"Master or Lightning?"

"Master is the perfect example of what a metal album should be." He said

"Right?!"

Joey immediately felt annoyed. Corey was so rude to him at first. Why was he being so nice to samantha? What did she have to him that Joey didn't? He wasnt friendly. He didnt want friends.

"Joey you okay?" Sid asked as Joey came to realise everyone was looking at him.

"Yeah dude you've gone super white." Paul said.

"Oh, I'm fine." He smiled

He watched corey and samantha go back to their conversation and corey laugh, a real true laugh, Joey hadnt see that before.

He wondered what they were talking about.

"So let's head back to mine." She smiled

The five of them wondered down the street to samantha's fairly large house. It was probely slightly smaller than Joey's. As he looked up at the house.

Joey looked at Corey and samantha, corey had clearly just told a joke, he felt out of place. What was going on? He was fifth wheeling in his own friend group as sid and paul walked down in conversation with each other.

They stopped outside her house as Joey looked over at corey, he smiled softly at him. It made Joey feel worse.

She took her keys out and opened the door and She showed them to her living room, the red and gold walls were bright with decor on every bit of furniture as she giggled "Joey, I hope it's not mean and an issue, but corey suggested pizza and since you kind of invited everyone, would it be a pain to ask you to pay for it? Because I kind of only have enough for one Pizza and that wont feed all of us."

Joey sighed and nodded, she was right, they'd have to buy what at least three where if he didnt take her kindness for granted It would have been in her price range. "Of course I'll pay." Joey nodded

She smiled as she walked out and got some of her dad's beers. She paused "should I call up some more people?" she asked pausing "make this a party?"

"Yeah!" Paul smiled taking a beer from her. "Let's do it!"

-

Well, thanks to his own stupidity, Joey was at a party he didnt want to be at. He sighed. He was tired and wanted to go home.