First Encounter (Part ll)

The next day.

Nene watched as her senpai entered his classroom, her heart was beating rapidly from nervousness.

What will happen?

"Good morning." Minamoto-senpai greeted, brows furrowing when he sees his classmates huddled over his desk.

"What's up?" He asks, getting the attention of his classmate. "Oh, Minamoto, look!" Confused, said person finally takes a glance at his desk, and his blue eyes widened in surprise.

"There's summer vegetables on your desk!"

"What in the.....?"

"Did you save a fox or something?"

"No..."

Nene, flustered from embarrassment, buried her face in her hands.

"It's turned into a strange mystery...."

Amane, who was also watching the whole thing, tilted his head in confusion.

"Eh? It didn't work?"

Nene seemed to ignore him, already walking back to her classroom. Amane quickly followed, still pondering.

"I thought Operation:Summer Vegetables-" Yes, he changed the name, "-would work. It had the element of surprise."

"So much for your element of surprise, they thought it was a fox returning a favor."

Amane smirked, floating close to her ear, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"A Radish returning the favor."

Nene seemed to forget that he was a ghost, and that she couldn't touch him. But that didn't stop her, she tried to hit him, but he floated out of reach.

"Amane-kun, you jerk!" She kept grumbling curses at the apparition, and that teasing smile of his never left his face.

Meanwhile, the students around her was starting to notice her strange behavior and had started talking amongst themselves.

"That girl's been talking to herself for a while."

"I noticed too."

"Maybe the heat's gotten to her." The girls started giggling to themselves. Fortunately, Nene didn't notice as she was still trying to reach the ghost above her.

But Amane did, and he isn't happy about that.

He's the only one allowed to make fun of her.

Evading Yashiro's attempts, he threw a cold glare at the girls' direction, knowing full well that they can't see him at all.

But seeing them shiver in discomfort was enough.

"I think I'm going to quit gardening." Yashiro's voice grabbed his attention, she had stopped trying to hit him and was sulking in the corner.

"Now, now, let's not be hasty! Let's find some other way, okay?" He tried to cheer her up, which didn't really worked well. But that determined glint was back in her eyes.

"Okay...."

_
2nd attempt:

"Yashiro!"

Nene jumped in surprise as Amane came running-err, floating towards her. With a button, thread, and needle in hand.

"I found an opening and grabbed one! Sew it back on and it might give you a great start with him!"

As he was saying this, a girl, who was conversing with Minamoto-senpai, saw his missing button. And started fussing about it.