𝟬𝟯. the jenna thing.

☪︎˚ ˚
𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑻𝑶 𝒀𝑶𝑼
chapter three: the jenna thing.

☪︎⋆。˚ ⁀➷。˚𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑻𝑶 𝒀𝑶𝑼 chapter three: the jenna thing

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎

          THE FIVE GIRLS SAT IN THE APPLEROSE GRILL, still dressed head to toe in black, the sun had officially set. They had ended up there after the funeral, all still trying comprehend the events that happened early that day. Belle felt both odd and at home to be hanging out with the girls again.

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria spoke in a hushed tone, breaking the silence.

"I guess she's back," Spencer shrugged her shoulders as she held her cup between her hands, just as confused as the rest of them.

"Fun," Belle mumbled under her breath before taking a sip of her own drink.

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something," Hanna said as she stirred her straw around in her drink.

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily questioned nervously.

"Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong," Aria stated.

Belle sighed, "you know, except lie about the Jenna thing. Lying is a serious crime to an investigation," she informed them.

"We promise to never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember?" Spencer said in a hushed tone.

"Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night," Aria exclaimed as her eyes widen, leaning forward on her seat.

"Aria, it was an accident," Belle stated as she placed her hands in front of her on the table.

The silence started to build through the group once more, the girls hadn't quite adjusted to being around each other, without Alison. Emily looking down at the friendship bracket and nervously played with it as Hanna puts the last of her booze from her flask into her diet coke, though was spotted by the older man behind them, "it's medicinal." She told him but he still wasn't convinced, "cramps!"

"I don't get it. How does 𝐀 know something about me that only Alison knew?" Emily asked in confusion.

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but we didn't know any of hers," Aria spoke quietly, and it was true.

Alison knew everything.

Or at least that's what she thought. Belle had kept one secret from her successfully.

"I knew some," Spencer piped up after a moment of silence.

"Go on," Aria prompted.

"Spill," Hanna demanded, giving the Hastings girl a pointed look.