Part 4: Delusional Fantasies

P.O.V: The Doctor

Where is she?

The Doctor walked at the pace of a broken man. His dark brown eyes lingered forward at the distant horizon as his brown trousers picked up mounds of hot gritty sand. The red sun bore down on his back leaving a heavy feeling remaining on the nape of his neck. He had taken off his matching brown pinstripe jacket and his tie a long time ago, and left it resting in the sand a couple of miles back.

The farther he walked, the more sluggish his steps became. He reached his hand out to what he thought to be the distant blue of the Tardis, but it was no more than a fantasy on his part. An eternity of pale sand stretched out as far as his eyes could see.

I need to find the Tardis, then I'll be able to find Ava and fix this. I just-

His feet shuddered to a sudden stop as his breathing grew heavy and strained.

"I just need..to find..her" He coughed up dust before collapsing head first into the warm sand. It invited him and began to feel like a blanket that was wrapped around him. His hand moved slightly into a blue puddle as he began to mumble to himself in a delirious state.

"Rose..Donna Noble..Martha...Tardis." His lips moved rapidly as he sputtered out words rambling on like some sort of a madman.

Shortly after, he passed out and his body relaxed in the numbing heat of the sand.

"Find me Doctor. Don't you want to go on an adventure to a galaxy in a different universe? Maybe even Gallifrey?"

He breathed in sharply as his eyes swiftly opened. Snowflakes cascaded down on him even though he could still feel the heat of the sand packed beneath him. The snow felt refreshing as it melted on his skin.

He smiled as he turned to the blonde girl who hovered above him. Her hair was short and she wore a long white laced dress that seemed to float above the ground. In fact, he could not see the ground at all. No matter how hard he tried to look down, all he saw was up.

There was a chill in the air, the sound of children laughing and Christmas caroling. The Tardis rested on a street corner covered in flurries of snow, but all he could see was her.

"Rose, how did you--you were in an alternate universe, this isn't possible. I-" He stammered quite horribly. His mouth could not manage to utter all the thoughts he had been thinking since Rose went missing. Years had passed, and now he was trying to fill the void with his words, but he was failing.

"Shh Doctor, you still haven't taken me to Barcelona, the planet. Remember you said you'd take me, well now you can." Rose crouched down as she smiled at the Doctor. Her eyes sparkled under the London street lights.

The Tardis sat on the edge of a sidewalk next to a Christmas tree incidentally. The evergreen was over 20-feet tall and decked with dazzling ornaments. A miniature statue of an angel graced the tip of the large coniferous tree. His eyes shifted to the Tardis as he breathed in shakily.

"Isn't she a beaut'?" He smiled as the light on the top of the Tardis twinkled.

"Come on Spock," she chuckled as she picked up a pack of snow and formed a snowball. Her eyes glinted with mischief as she tossed it straight at him.

"I surrender! Let's call a truce, you know I was never one for a snowball fight, had bad experiences in the past. Look at you, you must be freezing! Now, help me up. I've walked so far, I need to reach the Tardis." He huffed slightly as his muscles strained.

"What are you talking about? You were sitting down watching the telly all morning complaining about some wrong date for an answer on Jeopardy. Now stop moaning and fussing, we're already in the Tardis." She spun around the control panel wearing a grin on her face.