Episode 7-On the Road Again

The next morning Ren was the first to wake up. The morning was cold, and the wind was biting. Ren was sitting on the front porch looking depressed when Kazuma walked up and sat next to him.

 "What's wrong Ren? You look defeated." Kazuma glanced at Ren, already knowing the answer.

"I'm just not sure how we're going to defeat demon snakes with so little people. It just doesn't seem possible." Ren sighed a long breath.

"It will be okay. I mean, come on it's not like we're going up against something as powerful as Belile. We'll be fine."

"I know. It just has me worried."

"It'll be fine Ren. I'm sure with the powers that each of us have we'll have those snakes slithering back to where they came from in no time." Ayano walked up behind them, with Yamari, Azaraki, and Niyumi close behind her. 

"Yeah." Yamari said. "Those snakes won't stand a chance against people of our caliber. We've got this in the bag already."

"Come on. We need to get moving. We shouldn't waste time like this when those demons are still on the move." Kazuma chimed in. He got up and walked back into the house. Ayano noticed a concerned look on his face as he brushed past her. She wanted to ask him about it, but knew that he wouldn't tell her anyway. 

Everyone quickly packed necessary items such as food, clothing, and for a couple, weapons. 

Niyumi, for instance, knew there was going to be plenty around to com-bust, but preferred his own kind of explosion. Niyumi like dynamite. Not only was it explosive, but combined with his powers it packed even more of a punch.

While Azaraki had wind magic like Kazuma, he still liked to use twin katanas. He was very skilled with them, and could put most masters in Tokyo to shame. 

With everybody ready to set off, they left with attitudes that could have killed with looks. They were dead set on defeating the demons and, for the three criminals, earning their freedom.