EPISODE 3- Hallow Town

We arrived at our ghostly destination a couple of hours after I finished my long explanation on what had happened back in the old village. Ayano was mildly surprised about the old lady.

        "I can’t believe it. She seemed so nice." Ayano had said.

       "Appearances can be deceiving." I replied.

        We were all quiet after that, except for the occasional burst of flame from Ren. I guess he didn’t like just walking in silence, which was fine with me. Every couple bursts of flame he let out, I let out a burst of wind, and suffocated his flame till it went out, just to mess with him.

        We all stared in awe when we finally got to our supposed Ghost Town. It was awful. The buildings were literally falling apart at the seams, the roads were paved, with cracks spreading probably throughout the entire town. The town itself was huge, more like a city if it wasn’t so old and run-down.

        The town was a subject of perfect symmetry. It was like it was built for a single purpose. In the center was the town hall, and around it were buildings of the same structure. Then it just branched out with different buildings of size and shape, always keeping in perfect line and symmetry with each other.

        "It's incredible. I mean, it would be if wasn't supposed to be haunted. What do you suppose those cracks were for?" Ayano said, looking the town up and down as if she was sizing it up or trying to figure it out.

        "I don't know. But I'm not sure it was meant for anything good." Ren said, pointing down into one of the cracks. We all saw an eerie orange glow that told us one thing. This town was sitting on top of an old dormant volcano, which may not be so dormant. That's what the cracks are. That's why this town is deserted.

        "I guess we know why this town is so deserted. Noone wants to live on top of a volcano." Ayano said.

        "Yeah, but remember? This town used to be very prosperous. That means this volcano is recently active. But what would cause a thousand year old dormant volcano to suddenly become active?" Ren said, pondering his own question. Suddenly the ground shook, knocking us around, almost off our feet.

        "Is the volcano erupting?!" Ayano asked, looking nervous and scared.

        "No, it's not. Look!" I yelled. I pointed toward the center of the town, just as the ground caved in, completely destroying the town hall. As soon as the dust cleared, we all saw what we thought was just a hallucination. It was a giant snake. Well, at least it looked like a snake.

        "It's a serpent spirit!" Ren yelled.

        "We have to get out of here. NOW!" Ayano screamed, just as the serpent slammed donw it's tail, destroying an entire row of buildings.

        "I agree. Let's go." I said. We got out of the town right before the road we were standing on caved in and tow more serpents came out, smaller than the last one. They turned and looked at the big one, who seemed to be cammanding them. The two smaller ones immediately started destroying the rest of the town, as more and more of the smaller snakes appeared. Before we could get a mile away, the giant snake spirits had destroyed the entire town.

        "We have to do something, or they might spread out and destroy more towns and cities." Ren said, looking worried.

        "I know." I replied. "But we're gonna need help. I say we go back to the Yagami mansion and get help there."

        "That's probably the best idea I've heard all day." Ayano said, already walking toward home. That's it then. We get help, and come back to stop these things before they spread out.